Philippines Expats, What Karaoke Songs To Avoid?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I like "My Way"! I can sing a tune when I know all the lyrics! :541:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Art, I like the song but am unable to sing anything. I'm Frank Sinatra fan the guy was amazing.
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Art, I like the song but am unable to sing anything. I'm Frank Sinatra fan the guy was amazing.
I can't sing even if someone put a Beretta against my temple. As I mentioned before, I could only belt outtwo notes accompanied with extreme force: F sharp or F flat followed by chorus of fluid sound effects. Are farts suppose to be lumpy?
  • Like 2

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Are farts suppose to be lumpy?
If a fart consists of anything but air it then becomes a shart :angry:
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, Jake clearly that would be a good example of what to avoid during a Karaoke sing-a-long. Now around the campfire........

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I was reading this article when my filipina I'm courting called me on skype. As she is into videoke / karaoke and has a good voice IMO (she sings power of love...not an easy feat) I asked her this question.She instantly came up with "My Way" but couldn't think of any other off the top of her head. Just a local opinion...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My Way
If you mean "My Way" as a song to avoid then I agree with you. Every 'new to Philippines' foreigner I have met at the karaoke places thinks he can sing that one. Every one gives it a try. And my dog howls every time.
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
My Way
If you mean "My Way" as a song to avoid then I agree with you. Every 'new to Philippines' foreigner I have met at the karaoke places thinks he can sing that one. Every one gives it a try. And my dog howls every time.
We should all have a sing off contest and post it here for everyone to hear "My Way" in every version or tone! And if Dave's dog doesn't howl, he or she will be the winner and be thrown or mailed a doggy biscuit from Dave and his dog! :thumbsup: Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
My Way
We should all have a sing off contest and post it here for everyone to hear "My Way" in every version or tone! And if Dave's dog doesn't howl, he or she will be the winner and be thrown or mailed a doggy biscuit from Dave and his dog! :thumbsup:
We talking about Frank Sinatra's my way or Limpbizkit's My way? Different song, same title. Although I would not personally attempt to sing either, or any song for that matter, I prefer Limpbizkit's my way. I guess I'm just not "mature" enough to appreciate Frank Sinatra. :hystery:

i am bob
Posted
Posted
My Way
We should all have a sing off contest and post it here for everyone to hear "My Way" in every version or tone! And if Dave's dog doesn't howl, he or she will be the winner and be thrown or mailed a doggy biscuit from Dave and his dog! :mocking:
We talking about Frank Sinatra's my way or Limpbizkit's My way? Different song, same title. Although I would not personally attempt to sing either, or any song for that matter, I prefer Limpbizkit's my way. I guess I'm just not "mature" enough to appreciate Frank Sinatra. :lol:
Hmmm.... In my extremely amateur musical career (we did only charity events), I have done a slow and quiet acoustic version of Sinatra's... I kind of liked it that way and, after I did it, I heard several other musicians doing it that way also... Would I do it again? Only after several cold ones and also if every member of the audience was given earplugs... I'd also like to try the Limpbizkit's version but only on my bass... :dance: