Food - Favorite Snacks?

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted (edited)

Today is snack day at my house. We are making two different snacks, one Filipino and the other Americano. The Filipino snack is "puto" which is a steamed rice dish. I think my wife's is a variation of Puto Mamon since she uses egg and sugar in hers. She hit my production bottle of homemade Pure Vanilla Extract and then she raided my cheese stash and put a little chunk of cheddar cheese in the top of each one. (Aside: My young sister-in-law absconded with a bunch of these and was selling them for 3 pesos each. I was ready to paddle her butt. For selling too cheap! I told her next time they better be 4 pesos each or else.) putosmall.jpgWhile for the resident "Kano" we did Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies. These are often sort of variable on how they turn out. This time they are nice and "puffy". Sadly we did not have any of the good dark chocolate chips on hand, so they are all the cheaper Filipino chocolate chips, not so "choco-latty"!tollhousesmall.jpgBut still good with a cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk.

Edited by Tatoosh
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Chocolate Chip cookies and black coffee. Life is good my friend! :yes:Anybody over there..... Has Krispy Cream opened in Cebu City yet?

Edited by Old55

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Believe it or not, but my favorite snack is, dried shredded or the whole squid from Japan, BBQ mild to spicy or just plain! Once you get pass the smell, it's yummy and BBQ octopus will do too as my other favorite snack! :mocking: :hystery:https://www.google.c...iw=1166&bih=661 https://www.google.com/search?q=picture+of+BBQ+octopus&hl=en&rlz=1G1TSNA_ENPH407&prmd=imvnse&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=z6lAT_3RE-PYiQKRg6TJAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=1166&bih=661

Edited by Art2ro

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Has Krispy Cream opened in Cebu City yet?
I heard a rumor that there was one in Ayala Mall but I have never been.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Before I became lactose intolerant, my favourite snack foods were Buko Salad, Leche Flan and Halo-HaloNow i am consigned to watching others eat them while I eat healthier foods.Regards: Jim

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

My fav snack is chilled guyabano fruit, really yummy...

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

My favorite (well not absolute favorite but one that I can eat) is chicharon made by Lapid's ...... and eaten with a tad bit of sour cream and chives ....... I eat it just about every day for a snack as it is low in carbs ...... Lapid's is the best I have found anywhere here ...... I have it prepared for me by the boy in SM ..... he prepares it with no salt and cooks it while we shop so it is absolutely fresh ...... course he receives a little something extra for his trouble ...... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
My favorite (well not absolute favorite but one that I can eat) is chicharon made by Lapid's ...... and eaten with a tad bit of sour cream and chives ....... I eat it just about every day for a snack as it is low in carbs ...... Lapid's is the best I have found anywhere here ...... I have it prepared for me by the boy in SM ..... he prepares it with no salt and cooks it while we shop so it is absolutely fresh ...... course he receives a little something extra for his trouble ...... :hystery: :hystery:
That's fattening Mike, but I love the stuff too with vinegar or make it a meal with rice or just a snack in it's self! :mocking:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Filipino's favorite snack food is green mangoes and shrimp paste aka alamang! I borrowed this thread from my own post to serve as a warning concerning shrimp paste aka alamang; http://www.philippin...__30#entry60752Also a little "warning" about shrimp paste aka alamang! The majority of Filipinos love their shrimp paste along with green mangoes as a snack, let alone with their Kare-Kare dishes! Be aware where you buy or consume shrimp paste especially from street sidewalk vendors, because some shrimp paste may have high levels of the ecoli bacteria or due to other unsanitary conditions in which they were prepared! Me personally, we only buy the bottled Barrio Fiesta brand shrimp paste to be on the safe side! Here's a site, but it could pertain to other areas of the Philippines concerning red tide affected areas: http://www.goldstard...rning-list.html

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Yes Krispy Kreme is open in Ayala and I think one other place. Donuts are ok, but I haven't seen them sold warm. I prefer them cold, but their big claim to fame was selling them while they are hot. Since I haven't found any drinkable milk, I tend to not eat donuts a lot.

• Like 1