cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Yep ayala mall and in the IT park you will find crispy creame

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Krispy Creme! I'm just waiting for it to open here in Nuvali, Laguna! Can't wait to try it! Any suggestions what to try first, 2nd, 3rd or 4th? I love donuts! In the U.S. at DUNKIN' DONUTS, my very favorite is the "Bear Claw", great with my morning coffee, with diabetes and all or not! :mocking: :541: :23_11_62[1]:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys ...... like I really needed to know they have a Krispy Creme do-nut place in Ayala ....... I hope you are satisfied ..... my next 10 pounds will be dedicated to you guys ........ :23_11_62[1]: :mocking: Lordblacknail ........ we used to get Cebu Dairy Fresh Milk which is a co op of actual dairies here in Cebu (when I drank milk) .....http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudailynews/enterprise/view/20090105-181521/Fresh-milk-helps-coop-growit is I believe fresh milk or at least it will spoil in 4-5 days and comes in the dairy case in a plastic jug ....... if it is not rich enough for you just add something like Anchor cream to it ...... I actually just add a little water to the Anchor UHT Whipping Cream when I want milk and it tastes not to bad ....... it seems like the best solution for here in the Philis .... remember I watch carbs not calories ....... :541: :hystery:

• Like 2

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I'm with you 100% Art on dried squid. I got into that in Korea, big time. It's good, dipped in some kind of mayonaisse, or the Asian equivalent on the side. Funny thing is that my old cat, Farmer, would never touch any of the human food we had, but if I had squid, he'd go crazy for it.About Filipino snacks, I'm a simpler dude. I'm happy going to the store and picking up those small packs of salted peanuts, skyflake crackers, or a bag of mixed nuts, like Ding-Dongs.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I'm with you 100% Art on dried squid. I got into that in Korea, big time. It's good, dipped in some kind of mayonaisse, or the Asian equivalent on the side. Funny thing is that my old cat, Farmer, would never touch any of the human food we had, but if I had squid, he'd go crazy for it.About Filipino snacks, I'm a simpler dude. I'm happy going to the store and picking up those small packs of salted peanuts, skyflake crackers, or a bag of mixed nuts, like Ding-Dongs.
Just further proof that dried squid is really cat food!Mind you the ding dongs and nuts sound good!!! :hystery:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Does lumpia count as a snack food? But those cookies look pretty darn good!

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Jelly beans, peanuts and licorice here. And the After Easter specials are just around the corner!! :hystery:

Edited by Dzighnman

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just a follow up (as if anyone really cares .... :hystery: ) ..... the same day I found out about the Krispy-Kreme donuts and having mentioned ot to my asawa she made an excuse to go to E-mall to pick up something ..... (now E-mall has no KK donuts) ..... when she got back she brought a lovely box chock full of KK ..... she had gone to Ayala to get me some ...... I was in hog heaven and pigged out ...... then came the bad part .... I had to listen to a 2 hour dissertation on how Go-nuts Donuts are only 20p something apiece where as the KK were over 40P something apiece ..... and she saw no sense in buying any more KK donuts ..... when Go-Nuts were cheaper . :hystery: ..... while I tried to explain "but darling ... they taste so good and come from the US" .... she countered with "they do not ... they are made right here in the Philippines along with Go-Nuts Donuts and Go-Nuts Donuts are cheaper" ....... well I have lost the battle but not the war ..... :mocking: :hystery:

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)

The first job I ever had was Krispy Kreme, it was maybe 1965 or 66. I lasted all of 2 days but I still remember the sickeningly sweet smell of making those things. I don't think I ever ate one again.

Edited by MikeB
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

MikeB ...... didn't they used to have a kind of unique building they were housed in ... or am I thinking of some other place .... maybe like Tasty-Freeze