Why Do People Decide To End The Life Of A Child?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This makes me so angry,if you want to kill yourself, good go for it but why take a child with no say in the matter. :23_11_62[1]: MAN AND CHILD DEAD AFTER STORY BRIDGE FALLPolice are investigating what they believe to be a murder-suicide on Brisbane's Story Bridge this morning.A man and a child were both killed after the man, believed to be the toddler's father, threw the child from the bridge before jumping to his own death.Police say a witness saw the man ride his bike over the footpath on the outbound side of the bridge before committing the acts.The bike was left on the footpath.The child's next of kin have been notified with police saying they did not believe the incident was motivated by a custody battle.The incident was reported by passing motorists at approximately 3:30am.The bodies have been retrieved with police investigations continuing.Police are likely to view footage from the 14 cameras on the bridge and another eight 'pan and zoom' cameras aimed at the structure.The age of both the man and child are yet to be determined. Police will be holding a media conference in relation to the matter later today.Just five months ago, Brisbane was rocked by news of an apparent murder-suicide, where a 48-year-old mother jumped from the Story Bridge after allegedly murdering her 12-year-old daughter.http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/newshome/12954830/man-and-baby-dead-after-bridge-fall/post-1-0-19522400-1329697696_thumb.jpg

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

This is not a phenomena in AUS, it happens all over.Why? i am not a medical professional.could it be selfishness? If they cant live with them, then they dont live at all?The shame, of what the mother or father has done, that they dont want the child to live with the "shame" or crime that they committed?To prevent any further shame on them. so they end the child's life?this is what i have read into such crimes over the past 20 yrs, and discussions with lawyers/law enforcement. Just pray for the families , as they have so much hurt/embarrassment. of what occurred

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This is not a phenomena in AUS, it happens all over.Why? i am not a medical professional.could it be selfishness? If they cant live with them, then they dont live at all?The shame, of what the mother or father has done, that they dont want the child to live with the "shame" or crime that they committed?To prevent any further shame on them. so they end the child's life?this is what i have read into such crimes over the past 20 yrs, and discussions with lawyers/law enforcement.Just pray for the families , as they have so much hurt/embarrassment. of what occurred
All news reports later today say the father was loving,he was a school teacher and no indication of depression or mental illness.Another life mystery.

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted

Just a week ago, here in Washington, a father took his two young sons and blew up the house ... lots more to that story but the outcome is another example of this tragic behavior.agreed :rolleyes:http://mynorthwest.c...-home-explosion

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

It is often tragic, to be sure, and it usually stems from severe depression. It is a sort of mental illness where they see no choices, only suffering. Oh, there may be the occasional situation where a parent has abused a child and is terrified to face the consequences but rather chooses to end it along with what they see as the cause of their downfall (the child they abused). However, I am guessing it will be utter and abysmal depression far more often. And when their world is so dark and the future so devoid of hope, they see suicide as not only their best choice, but as a "gift" to the child or children, who would be left to suffer in a terrible landscape without the parents protection, something they can no longer provide. It is a very dark place and I would think, one of the bleaker levels of hell, even if it is hell on earth.