Lutopan

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Can anyone tell me anything at all about Lutopan? Is it nice? Cheap rent? Friendly to Kanos? Any shopping or is an excursion into town required? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated! And photos would also be a big plus! Thanks in advance!

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Been there once on a bike trip its up high in the mountains . very beautiful but remote access is not great and I don,t think theres many expats around I think it would be hard to find a rental and goodluck with shopping except for the local market . Its basically on the top of the mountain range in the middle of the island . At least the lutopan I explored threw is LOL there may be more than one in the RP

billten
Posted
Posted

Bob, is this the Lutopan at Toledo? Not sure if there may be few more around...

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That is the one! When I did a google search, it's the only one that comes up as well..I guess I'll be able to find out what it's like as time goes by. I most likely will be in Cebu for 2 years to start with and then then it will depend on where (and if) my better half (to be) will be employed. That is her home though (and she loves it there) so I wanted to find out as much about it as I can before I say anything really dumb to her. And there really isn't much info online!

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted (edited)

Been there a couple of times, nothing specially stands out about it. Its OK, kind of like living near a small-ish town (Toledo). Personally i would consider the option of living on the other side of the mountains for two reasons. Getting onto Cebu would be a lot faster from the Naga, Ming, Carcar side; and secondly I would NEVER live in the same area as my wife's family. Close enough to drive over and visit, yes absolutely. Far enough away so as i can start my own life with my lovely wife without having to put up with the daily interference of the extended family, DEFINITELY...Good plan staying in Cebu for a while, when i arrived here, i rented an apartment and travelled all over til i decided on exactly where i wanted to stay. Took me 18 months before i started looking in a specific location, had a ton of fun while i looked too. BTW, when you arrive, drop by my place and i'll give you the skinny on the Carcar area, that might help you include or eliminate that part of Cebu from your plans... ;-)

Edited by billten
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks! I"ll definitely be by once I get to that side of the world!!!I"m lucky in a way.. My girlfriend's father remarried (and has now passed on) so the only family living there would be mom, one son and I think her other sister is on another island. Now she has a lot of other brothers and sisters from her dad's first marriage but not on Cebu Island. So living close to mom would be tolerable for now (I think) as I don't know much about her other than she is suppose to be much like my girlfriend...

• Like 1