Filipino Shortsightedness Simple Things That Kill Tourism

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well what do you expect.... because you are "The Bossman". :tiphat:
Nope, just a jolly good fellow. Pitty though after using the clean toilets my baggage never arrived,lost in transit. :rolleyes:
Bags never to be found??? Direct flight fro OZ to Cebu? Ever see your superman underwear on some fat guy (sorry, just had to do it) running down the road?
Arrived next day,change planes in Singapore so I guess that's what went wrong but was the first time and I hope the last.

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted

After being raised in the US, my son comments all the time about how smelly and dirty most toilet facilities are in the Philippines... I often wonder how much training goes into getting the maintenance folks to keep those few facilities that you do find spotless, well... spotless. A recent thread on S&R has me recalling their facilities, at least when they first opened, were just that, spotless and first rate.... are they still??? SM facilities are hit and miss in my experience and you would expect those to be top notch (even though no TP, but you get used to arriving prepared) Seems like when training and inspection levels are highest (opening weeks) maintenance is also at a high level, but as time goes by, crews revert to the lower standards that pervade the culture as acceptable.... operations cuts those uneccesary costs (TP).... So Mike S., please prove me wrong and tell us that the S&R toilets were still spotless a year plus after opening????? :rolleyes:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here are helpful hints to all the CR attendants at all airports! post-682-0-42977400-1329757582_thumb.jpgBecause this just won't do!post-682-0-72316200-1329757739_thumb.jpgBTW, here's my preferred mode of transportation on a nice day and going to thosedrive thru fast food places! :rolleyes:post-682-0-68669800-1329760380_thumb.jpg

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 4

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

What on earth is this?I have travelled hundrends of airports, by now manila's airport toilets are from the cleanest i ever seen, Cebu once but i recall it was spottless clean.It so happens in our homes too the toilet to get clogged or the drainage blocked or get a messy visitor...Mercy!!!I do not want to mention the public restrooms in malls which are the cleanest i have ever seen all around this world.And yes i have seen lots of other restrooms in philippines in venues such as girlie bars or tallers or various other shops where i was thinking twice if i should step in or get a fast relief at the next available wall outdoors...that i guess explains the pinoy attitude of urinating anywhere hahahahahah!!!!

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hmmmmmm, are you thinking of the "well ventilated" CR's??tumblr_kzmfgiOEdB1qb5t79o1_500.jpg :rolleyes:

Edited by Dzighnman
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Re: the two inches of water on the floor. Was there a busted water pipe or clogged sink or some other kind of emergency issue? Those things happen everywhere even in the US. I wouldn't form an opinion of the country or the airport based upon some water on the floor in the CR.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Usually I am just so damn happy to be back on the round that I could care less if water was flowing out the front door ....... :hystery: :hystery: ...... do you gather I don't like flying ..... :hystery: .... but I do see your point :thumbsup:

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Poor infrastructure, shooting tourists, kidnapping foreigners, bad food quality outside of high end establishments, hmmm, where to start?

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Tourists??? Ahhh, are these the people that you see whisked away from the airports in locked vans with blacked out windows,held captive at some fully walled in resort with it's own little piece of white sand beach and ferried back and forth to the malls in same mentioned vehicle when they get tired of walking around the boundary fences?Honestly i don't know anyone who would even consider the Philippines as a strictly tourist destination, but they obviously must be there. Am i being a bit harsh? Well i suppose Boracay has it's good points.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Creating a fun slogan is one thing, addressing the seemingly insurmountable needs of the nation another. Even if there were billions of dollars (and the ability to administer it) why would the government spend it to turn the country into a tourist mecca when a good percentage of visitors are sex tourists and millions of their own citizens are starving and dying because of a lack of adequate medical care? As the country is hit over and over with natural calamities. We have the luxury of complaining about water on the floor of the airport CR, the average Filipino could not relate to it.

• Like 4