How About Those Agta?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Best I can figure out, the Agta is some kind of invisible monster. I don't believe in them, really, um, well, I'm not sure today.I have been told by lots of filipinas that my house is home to an Agta. It means the wife's relatives don't come to spend the night too often as they are afraid of it.There was one time when I saw it. But I put it down to imagining things. There was a time when a door that I am sure I locked was left swinging wide open when I got up to pee at night. I figured it must have not been securely latched, even though I check that every night before I go to bed.Recently I installed a new door from the guest room to the outside. No one can access that door as there is no gate in the fence and no path to the door yet. If anyone was in the yard, even me or wife or friends, the 3 dogs greet them loudly, so the chance of someone getting to the door and knocking frenziedly on it are slim. Especially when it happens on 3 separate occasions. Especially when it happens once when my wife and I are right there and we throw open the door and . . . nothing there. There never us anything there but the knocking is very loud and very prolonged and no it is not a woodpecker (checked for that).Its eerie but I still believe in a scientific, practical solution. I just have to find it. In the mean time, we have an Agta.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Mystery solved. Wife went creeping around outside in the dark and caught the neighbors dog wagging her tail against the door to make it sound like she is knocking. When caught she sneaks away real quick. Why she does it? Who knows, but my dogs just ignore that one unless she's in heat. That's why no barking.The only casualty was my status as hero in the wife's eyes. Now she knows I cannot protect from Agtas. I told her: Don't you watch horror movies? The guy who chases out and attacks the monster is always the first one to suffer a bloody death. I'll be the guy who lets a few other guys get eaten by the monster while I figure out its modus operandi.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Damn here I was waiting for some horror story and it turns out to be a happy tail. One thing I would wonder about is the locked door and the strength of Fido's tail :no:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not so happy for Daves dog... he did'nt get any tail that night.

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Mystery solved. Wife went creeping around outside in the dark and caught the neighbors dog wagging her tail against the door to make it sound like she is knocking. When caught she sneaks away real quick. Why she does it? Who knows, but my dogs just ignore that one unless she's in heat. That's why no barking.The only casualty was my status as hero in the wife's eyes. Now she knows I cannot protect from Agtas. I told her: Don't you watch horror movies? The guy who chases out and attacks the monster is always the first one to suffer a bloody death. I'll be the guy who lets a few other guys get eaten by the monster while I figure out its modus operandi.
Shhh don't let word get back to your wife's relatives that it was only the neighbor's dog, or you will have house guests every night :no:
  • Like 3

billten
Posted
Posted

Yup i agree, the occasional moo-moo is very useful around the house. It keeps everyone uninvited away and makes the people all think you are a little bit crazy to live there. I breed large (very well trained) doberman and bull-mastiff's, i currently have seven running loose on my lot. The lovely (and devious) wife, let it be known that we are untroubled by moo-moo because our dogs all turn into sigbin at night and the moo-moo don't stand a chance. Hahahahahahaha

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted

moo moo, sigbin, agta????? Would someone translate please....are they all ghosts?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
moo moo, sigbin, agta????? Would someone translate please....are they all ghosts?
Until a local language expert steps up to answer, I will simply say yes. Seems to me like bigfoot, monster, yeti, goblin, whoknows. My wife won't tell me too much detail because I start to smile just slightly and she tells me: You don't believe so I won't tell you.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Here you go here is all about Pilipino myths ........

• Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted

I hope this will help your idea about agtahttp://www.mysiquijor.com/MagicCreatures.htmlGrowing up, I've heard so many stories about these creatures from my Mom who came from Bohol. She told us she can see fairies dancing and playing around the trees besides river banks because of her third eye, an agta was among them, a giant black creature or sometimes it's a black dwarf. She said that if its black it is bad or evil and good if it's white. :hystery:

• Like 2