Bill Seeks To Regulate Cellphone Services

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
http://ph.news.yahoo...-171610346.htmlBill seeks to regulate cellphone servicesQUEZON CITY, METRO MANILA–House Bill 5653 or the “Mobile Phone Subscribers Bill” seeks to mandate all telcos to provide prepaid and postpaid subscribers of their detailed service charges as a pro-consumer stance against unsolicited and blind charges.“Prepaid subscribers often are left blind as to how their credits were consumed, if they were indeed consumed at all prior to the load expiration, which in itself is a dubious practice,” Casiño said in a statement.“Postpaid subscribers meanwhile bewail a lack of transparency on the charges levied against them as found in billing statements”.The NTC continues to avoid resolving the alleged irregularities of the telecommunications providers and only vaguely uses the provisions of Republic Act 7925 or the Public Telecommunications Policy Act, especially on deregulation.With the passage of the bill into law, all telcos must file for a petition with the NTC to implement changes in market pricing of basic mobile services.With the passage of the bill into law, all telcos must file for a petition with the NTC to implement changes in market pricing of basic mobile services.The NTC would also set the minimum performance metrics for all services, including calls, text messaging, and Internet data.Under the bill, there should be no expiry of unconsumed prepaid credits and for calls made for only six seconds, the subscriber will be charged one-tenth of the usual minute charge.Prepaid subscribers must also be presented the detailed service rates seven days after the consumption of the last load. Unsolicited advertisements will be made illegal, according to the bill.
  • Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

Ohhhh man, can't wait for this to be made law...Sad to say with the billions made by these 'dubious practices' by the telco's the chances they will be properly regulated are small to none.

• Like 1

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Wish we could see the charges made against our prepaid sim. Everytime my wife loads up it just starts disappearing without any notice. (No, no one is transferring load.) My sim doesn't have that problem. Both are Smart Buddy cards. My wife doesn't authorize ring tones, or cell phone games and contests. I've seen her load 100 pesos on, make one 20 peso call and 5 texts and the next morning be down to 50 pesos of load.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Wish we could see the charges made against our prepaid sim. Everytime my wife loads up it just starts disappearing without any notice. (No, no one is transferring load.) My sim doesn't have that problem. Both are Smart Buddy cards. My wife doesn't authorize ring tones, or cell phone games and contests. I've seen her load 100 pesos on, make one 20 peso call and 5 texts and the next morning be down to 50 pesos of load.
Often its the length of the text,too many characters go into 2 sms messages therefor 2 x the cost. :mocking:
  • Like 1