Boxer Pacquiao 'embarrassed' By Mayweather Offer

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I bet you think professional wrestling is fixed too! :lol:
:nudie:Well, when ever in the presence of a 'professional wrestler' NEVER say anything like that!I believe that currently the PC word (so you will not get smacked) is 'choreographed'.Just because it is 'fake' does not mean that a 300 pound fool on steroids CAN'T hurt you if he wanted to..... nice fella, good boy... wanna cookie????
I don't think any one now days believes it is real ..... when I worked at the hospital in Sanford Fla we had an ambulance driver name ... you guessed it ..... TINY ..... he used to be a pro wrestler on the Georgia/Florida circuit and said he always fought as a masked bad guy ..... he said he made more money as he could have more matches because of the mask ...... I teased him once and asked "but Tiny is it real" ..... he just laughed and said "go over there and lay down on the floor and let me jump on your chest ....... then tell me what you think ..... jut be very thankful we are already in the hospital" .... :dance: :hystery: ... at most 400lbs I declined his offer ...... :dance:
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I love boxing and have followed this pretty closely for a few years now.When Manny refused to take random blood tests, he said it was because too close to the fight it would make him weak. It was a superstitious thing, because the last time he took a test close to a fight was the last time he lost, the first fight with Eric Morales. On top of that, it's the way the Mayweather clan attacked him quite viciously that made him refuse to compromise on the issue. He's asian, and took it as a loss of face. What did he do about it? Like any Asian politician, he sued the Mayweather's in court.(There's also the possibility that he was actually cheating, but cheaters usually get caught through investigations, and not through tests).Later on, Pacquiao agreed to go 100% on the blood tests to make the fight happen, and both fighters had agreed that they could split the fight revenue 50/50, but the fight still didn't happen. It seemed to come down to bad blood between Mayweather and Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum. Arum has also done his fair share of ducking this fight. In his mind, Pacquiao can fight 2 or 3 easier guys and make the same amount of money as a Mayweather fight, and they don't have to share the profit as long as the opponent is in the TOP RANK stable.This time around, Pacquiao had earlier said he would even take the smaller purse of 45%. He later changed back to 50%, but a few months ago he said 45%. The shocker here is that Mayweather wants ALL of the PPV money, which is ridiculous, because Pacquiao's PPV numbers have been doing as well as Mayweathers the last few years, and in some cases, better.What I'm not clear on is if Mayweather thinks he's entitled to the entire international revenue pot, as well, which would be insane.The final deal breaker this time around, aside from Mayweather's offer, was that Floyd was supposed to be in jail starting in January. He later got his sentenced pushed back to June. Manny's promoter wanted them to fight each other in June, because they wanted to build a bigger outdoor arena for the fight, which couldn't be finished by May. Mayweather said it had to be May because he already booked a date. Anyways, it looks like Arum doesn't want the fight and Mayweather isn't too keen on it himself. Sucks for Pacquiao.As for how they'd do in the ring, Mayweather is the favorite right now, and considered by most to be the P4P king again. Styles make fights, so I do believe Manny could beat Mayweather, but Floyd is still the favorite. The problem is that Manny will probably chase him around all fight with Floyd eluding him, and taking pot shots from the outside. People always underestimate how big Mayweather is! When he fought Marquez, Juan looked like a midget. In a fight with Pacquiao, Manny could win, but he would have to overwhelm Floyd, and take quite a few shots square on the chin to get there. As long as he wears down Floyd's defense, he could turn it around in the later rounds.

• Like 3