Where To Send Clothes For Philippine Charity

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Is it the right time to launch this new website and Blog? :)Philippine Basic NeedsThe important part below. :thumbsup:post-1-0-35808200-1330317203_thumb.gif

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
Is it the right time to launch this new website and Blog? :)Philippine Basic NeedsThe important part below. :thumbsup:post-1-0-35808200-1330317203_thumb.gif
Just registered. Great looking website Boss!

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Excellent timing and something that will allow us to point others too that are interested in helping the truly needy.

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

YES! Any help is appreciated and pay attention to the part about looking for someone to take over the kids!I REALLY am not a kid person. I do what I do beacuse I was rasied this way (Damn it!) I am looking for a 'funded' person / couple to work with the kids here. Then I can stay in my 'comfort zone' of adults. I have a (small ) building and a 200+ sqm lot to build on in the future if this charity thing ever takes off and I get enough funding!The charity, like my boat building and (small) businesses are all designed to provide support or funds to continue the efforts to help the poor. When I am gone, I am gone! But I hope the programs live on to help those in the future.....

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Looks good there JGF ...... sorry there Bruce I ain't good with kids either ..... have no patients ...... see my new siggy under this poet ...... you'll get the picture ... :thumbsup: :)

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Would it be an option to give it to the salvos or someone in Aus and then donate the money you were going to have to spend on posting the boxes to which ever charity you see fit. In a way the freight cost is wasted.Depending on how much there is you maybe able to take it as extra baggage?
Tom, i had similar thoughts yesterday but as you know i am married to a Filipina, and she wants to be the one to distribute the "Australian" clothes in Cebu.Little does she realise that the vast majority of Aussie clothes are infact made offshore, China, India, amongst others! :) :tiphat: :dance: just another of our industries to fall to the almighty dollar.I probably jumped the gun in starting this topic and should have waited for the boss to get home but anyway it has thrown up some good ideas for us all to consider.BTW a balikbayan box from Bundaberg to Cebu is $165........ :thumbsup:
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Would it be an option to give it to the salvos or someone in Aus and then donate the money you were going to have to spend on posting the boxes to which ever charity you see fit. In a way the freight cost is wasted.Depending on how much there is you maybe able to take it as extra baggage?
Tom, i had similar thoughts yesterday but as you know i am married to a Filipina, and she wants to be the one to distribute the "Australian" clothes in Cebu.Little does she realise that the vast majority of Aussie clothes are infact made offshore, China, India, amongst others! :) :tiphat: :dance: just another of our industries to fall to the almighty dollar.I probably jumped the gun in starting this topic and should have waited for the boss to get home but anyway it has thrown up some good ideas for us all to consider.BTW a balikbayan box from Bundaberg to Cebu is $165........ :thumbsup:
WOW! I only pay $119 or $109 on sale and it is a lot farther! Hollywood Fl to Jacksonville (250 miles) by truck, then 2500 miles to LA by rail, then by ship to Taiwan then off loaded to a smaller ship to Manila.... Then by truck to Tacloban, then by small truck to Catbalogan!

Bundy
Posted
Posted
WOW! I only pay $119 or $109 on sale and it is a lot farther! Hollywood Fl to Jacksonville (250 miles) by truck, then 2500 miles to LA by rail, then by ship to Taiwan then off loaded to a smaller ship to Manila.... Then by truck to Tacloban, then by small truck to Catbalogan!
Yep, almost fell off my chair when he told me. I checked with another forwarder and it's the same.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Bundy lives something like 4.5 hours from a capital city so his boxes would be sent by road I would imagine to Brisbane which is why its more costly.Anyway if I see 30 Filipinos wearing yellow Tee shirts with the words Bundaberg Rum written on them I know they got there safely. :1247:
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ok, Bruce... You got me! Registered and ready to enjoy the fun! But no kids for me for now please? :mocking: