Wtb - Small Fridge

oops! Back on topic...What quality are the fridges there? Are they power hungry? Ever need defrosting between brown-outs? Is it worth buying an older rebuilt model rather than getting a new one? I learned that, depending on where you are, a fridge is a fridge is a not fridge sometimes...

• Forum Support
What quality are the fridges there? Are they power hungry? Ever need defrosting between brown-outs?
That's worth noting. I once had a small ref (what you call a fridge) when living in Cebu. When I looked into the power it was consuming I discovered that I could have one twice the size and new which consumed the same amount of power. With the high cost of electricity here, I find that the power savings of a new ref over a used, older one will pay for the ref in a couple of years. But that's just my personal observation.No need to defrost the ref if brownouts are frequent enough, but the ref I have needs defrosting once a month if there is no brown out. And don't forget to clean it after a brown out defrost or it will start to stink. :cheersty:
  • Like 1

Research the cost of running a refrigerator versus converting a chest freezer to a refrigerator function. If the high cost of electricity is a concern, you might like the way the numbers crunch.DaveH:Australian American Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Phineas and Ferb) Ref + Fridge + ertator = refridgerator

• Like 1
  • Forum Support
Australian American Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Phineas and Ferb) Ref + Fridge + ertator = refridgerator
:cheersty:And here's me thinking Fridge was an American colloquialism formed from the name of the first 'refs' made by Frigidaire
  • Like 1
Ever need defrosting between brown-outs?
In our resto, we have both refridgerators and freezers, from local purchases as well as brought from the USA. One realization was that the big-ass expensive ref from the USA, could not auto defrost fast enough to keep up with the commercial level of use we put it through (lots of opening and closing) otherwise, monthly defrosting was synced up with one of the many , what I call BLACK outs. :cheersty: All that inefficiency of regular defrosting adds significantly to the overall cost to keep product cold/frozen.Sorry, just noticed this was OT. :) Edited by Dzighnman