What Makes Your Wife… Go Off?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This topic is dedicated to Bob or others involved with a Filipina for the first time.Some Filipinas are known to have a temper or react in a difficult manor under certain circumstances.In my case and thankfully in the past if I were ever to raise my voice (not shouting) to my wife she would become very irritable to say the least.One thing that will always get her going is when someone will attempt to charge us more for an item or service because the “Big Kano” is involved. Those times it quickly becomes ugly and doesn’t go well for the poor clerk or vendor.Anyone notice temper and tampo are nearly spelled the same?

• Like 2

daisy
Posted
Posted
This topic is dedicated to Bob or others involved with a Filipina for the first time.Some Filipinas are known to have a temper or react in a difficult manor under certain circumstances.In my case and thankfully in the past if I were ever to raise my voice (not shouting) to my wife she would become very irritable to say the least.One thing that will always get her going is when someone will attempt to charge us more for an item or service because the “Big Kano” is involved. Those times it quickly becomes ugly and doesn’t go well for the poor clerk or vendor.Anyone notice temper and tampo are nearly spelled the same?
And I presume, I am not allowed to answer here.... :hystery:
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Daisy, you are very welcomed to answer this question and I know your input would be helpful.

• Like 1

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)
Anyone notice temper and tampo are nearly spelled the same
I had never heard of the term until I met my now wife..... that term "tampo", represents a condition in a relationship that I am forever grateful to be past. I am sure it differs by individual, but I have heard many concur that as I describe it rings true for some and mostly early on in the relationship. What could set it off??? Almost anything, mostly considered generally insignificant and possibly easy to work through... unfortunately, "tampo" could mean days of her not talking to you.... getting angrier when you want to talk to her.... it was horrible. Thankfully, through alot of patience on my end and alot of open minded learning on hers, we came to an agreement that "Tampo" had no place in our relationship. We do not discuss those first couple years as we both remember alot of pain involved, but mostly, I saw "tampo" as a feeling my wife would develop when she was not sure she understood something I said, or maybe just her way of expressing the frustrations that come along as two cultures merge under one roof. One could equate it to PMS in a sense that there is not much of anything you can do or say to make everything better until it passes. Whatever the case, the cure was to have patience, talk when they are ready and just generally do not let it balloon out of control as sometimes frustrations can. That said, in the USA it is called bitchy and having dedicated way too many years of my life to searching....there is no cure..... mostly what sets her off is anytime she perceives something unfair or unjust, she takes it all personally. Not meant to be scary for you, Mr. Bob, but definitely, have your open mind in place when you encounter pouting for no appraent reason, start backtracking at least 3 days of your actions.... or when you ask a question and the eyebrows do not even move nor do the lips purse... you know you did something, you only need to replay 72 or so hours to learn what it was because she ain't tellin ya. :thumbsup:I think my wife and I traveling extensively for my work and then moving to the USA, put us in both at an advantage and a disadvantage.. .the advantageous part was that in time, tampo would go away as it was only her and I.... if we were in the Philippines, there would be coddling and sympathy afforded her by her family only fueling marathon bouts of tampo.... the disadvantageous part?? Well, I think alot of her frustrations in the beginning were to do with anxiety of being only her and I and not having her family around... double edged sword there for certain.After the first year, smooth sailing the last 6..... patience is the key. Edited by Dzighnman
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hmmm.... Am I the Bob you are referring to? I was married for too many years to the wrong person and, yes, I spent most of that time wondering if this condition you described was a permanent problem... I also had a 4 year relationship (common law) with a young lady from Taiwan... Now Taiwanese women seem to know more of what they want and are very firm about it so... !!! Now that I am in a long distance relationship (soon to be holding-tight-and-not-letting-go distance) with a woman (who amazes me in every way) in the Philippines, I can't wait! I have learned the hard way how to act and react when those times arise... She truly makes me want to be a better person... Especially where she is concerned!!!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Anyone notice temper and tampo are nearly spelled the same
I had never heard of the term until I met my now wife..... that term "tampo", represents a condition in a relationship that I am forever grateful to be past. I am sure it differs by individual, but I have heard many concur that as I describe it rings true for some and mostly early on in the relationship. What could set it off??? Almost anything, mostly considered generally insignificant and possibly easy to work through... unfortunately, "tampo" could mean days of her not talking to you.... getting angrier when you want to talk to her.... it was horrible. Thankfully, through alot of patience on my end and alot of open minded learning on hers, we came to an agreement that "Tampo" had no place in our relationship. We do not discuss those first couple years as we both remember alot of pain involved, but mostly, I saw "tampo" as a feeling my wife would develop when she was not sure she understood something I said, or maybe just her way of expressing the frustrations that come along as two cultures merge under one roof. One could equate it to PMS in a sense that there is not much of anything you can do or say to make everything better until it passes. Whatever the case, the cure was to have patience, talk when they are ready and just generally do not let it balloon out of control as sometimes frustrations can. That said, in the USA it is called bitchy and having dedicated way too many years of my life to searching....there is no cure..... mostly what sets her off is anytime she perceives something unfair or unjust, she takes it all personally. Not meant to be scary for you, Mr. Bob, but definitely, have your open mind in place when you encounter pouting for no appraent reason, start backtracking at least 3 days of your actions.... or when you ask a question and the eyebrows do not even move nor do the lips purse... you know you did something, you only need to replay 72 or so hours to learn what it was because she ain't tellin ya. :thumbsup:I think my wife and I traveling extensively for my work and then moving to the USA, put us in both at an advantage and a disadvantage.. .the advantageous part was that in time, tampo would go away as it was only her and I.... if we were in the Philippines, there would be coddling and sympathy afforded her by her family only fueling marathon bouts of tampo.... the disadvantageous part?? Well, I think alot of her frustrations in the beginning were to do with anxiety of being only her and I and not having her family around... double edged sword there for certain.After the first year, smooth sailing the last 6..... patience is the key.
Hey Dzighnman,

Just about every sentence above produced a nod of agreement on how you analyze the female tampo.Those first couple years of marriage was definitely a trial and tribulation period for both of us. Not only the cultural difference but age difference as well. Even though I'm Filipino, any slight misunderstanding will put me in the dog house. And while licking my wounds, I would be labeled as suplado by my kids! Judy and I will be approaching our 27th anniversary this June. Over the years, this old dog was taught new tricks of obedience. I simply keep my mouth shut and go with the flow. After all, my wife is Scorpio and her bite gives me both pain and pleasure.....he, he.

Good boy ako -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I have decided not to wade into controversial topics anymore for my own peace of mind ...... all I'm gonna to say about this subject is my Asawa nor any female member of her family act this way ..... I asked ...... and Bob just to let you know 2 can play that game if so inclined ....... IMHO it is only a way to get attention ..... remember like when you were a child and had a temper tantrum ....... 'nuff said ....

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well I have decided not to wade into controversial topics anymore for my own peace of mind ...... all I'm gonna to say about this subject is my Asawa nor any female member of her family act this way ..... I asked ...... and Bob just to let you know 2 can play that game if so inclined ....... IMHO it is only a way to get attention ..... remember like when you were a child and had a temper tantrum ....... 'nuff said ....
That's another aspect that I forgot about and Mike S came up with a bulls eye! Most of the Filipino love drama movies that Judy would rent are just too much for me. The Filipino term is called OA, as in over acting. I swear, the Philippines has the market on drama queens. Yeah, I can play the game too but odds are against me most of the time.Yes dear.........I will turn off the computer now.

Dang Mike S, you got me trouble again!

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The topic was, is there a common thing that will most likely send a Filipina over to the dark side? Kind of a warning to those who maybe in a new relationship. Yes Bob was thinking of you.And yes those Taiwanese can have a temper but not tampo. I lived with one for nearly three years in Taiwan.I agree 100% Dzighnman tampo nearly ended our marriage as my wife who I love very much used to go off over small things until her sister arrived in the States. The past six or seven years have been the best ever it just keeps getting better and better.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
is there a common thing that will most likely send a Filipina over to the dark side?
There is and I forgot about it until today. My wife sent me to the store to get some 'Duck' toilet cleaner. There was no stock. So I got Lysol toilet cleaner. When I got back she said: Whats dat?I told her there was no 'Duck'. I reminded her she did not like the cheap brand. And then I told her my first wife used Lysol and said it was the best for cleaning. . . . .. .Straight over to the dark side! She may ask me about my ex wives sometimes but if I EVER bring them up, or any other woman, and even HINT that I am comparing her to another woman. . . . To the dark side! Oh chit! :hystery:
  • Like 5