Deadly Trip

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The other night my wife, her sister and brother in law were traveling in a cargo truck to Dipolog where they get supplies,I said to her by sms that I don't like her getting a ride in the trucks as often poor maintenance, bad brakes and bald tyre's. She says driver check all the time and they carry her fathers copha.Anyway she and her family made home that night but the other cargo truck did not. :hystery: Truck plunges into ravine, kills 5, hurts 7FIVE people, including two public school teachers and a political coordinator, died while seven others were injured in a vehicular accident in a remote village in Zamboanga del Norte, a police official said Wednesday.Zamboanga Peninsula police spokesman, Senior Superintendent Nelson Eucogco, said two of the seven wounded is a policeman and a village official.Eucogco said the accident took place around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday in the village of Tan-anan in Baliguian town.Eucogco identified the fatalities as Julie Igtos, 46; Daisy Mondina, 41;Gary Vios, 18, a teacher in Mamad Elementary School; Arnold Nanol, 25, a teacher in Tamao Elementary School; and Liberal Party coordinator Miziel Albarico, 26.Wounded were Lumay village councilman Napoloen Ucab, 44; Police Officer 1 Nasser Sabtiri, 36; Ronald Sandagan, 37, a truck helper; Rey Daclan, 36, a fisherman; Antonio Compis, 42; Dionisio Atog, 37; and Adelfa Caralde, 22.He said the victims were aboard an Isuzu cargo truck driven by Victor Compis, 39. The truck plunged into a 100-feet-deep ravine while traveling from Dipolog City to Baliguian town.The driver lost control of the truck's steering wheel after it malfunctioned.Compis, who was unscathed, surrendered to the police, Eucogco said.http://www.sunstar.c...-hurts-7-208820

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Damn Tom ..... some body was watching out for her and her family ..... I guess it could have just as easily been them in the other truck ..... I'm sure glad they were OK ....... checking tires and such is great but the real issues are the ones you can check until it is to late ..... that would have as ... I'm sure it did you .... scare the crap outta me ......So many vehicles here run with no thought to maintenance what so ever .... I can't count on my fingers and toes the number of times I've heard break pads rubbing on rotors and squealing like crazy ..... I maybe a chicken sh*t but I don't ride on any public transportation that goes through the mountainous area ..... and yea ... I know when your times up it's up ..... but I ain't gonna help it by being stupid ..... I'm stupid enough as it is ..... :hystery:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, too darn close.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Looks like the man upstairs was watching out for you and yours. You must be doing something right.

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Glad your wife had a safe trip Tom. Using public transportation in the Philippines can definitely be scary at times. With questionable maintenance and reckless drivers you are definitely putting your life in their hands when you take a trip.

• Like 1