13A Permanent Resident Visa Costs

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Art sorry it took so long to get back to you but I lost 4 years worth of budgeting data when I upgraded to the new AceMoney financial program and just about 30 min. ago I finally got it loaded back ......Anyway the total cost we paid by doing it our self was 11617p for the temp. and one year later 7300p for a total of 18917p .... now that doesn't enclude the cost to have papers xeroxed or incidentals ..... so kick in another 1000p ..... we also got hit with the :mocking: postage fee seems it costs a lot to send postage to Manila in bulk mail :as-if: ..... for the first package the young lady asked for 500p and said "sorry sir no receipt" and noticed she put the money in her top desk drawer ...... the last time she came out from behind the glass window and whispered ..... "did I charge you for the mailing last time .... I said yes 500p ..... she then said well it is the same" now this was all done very close and quietly ...... when we came back for the lawyers interview one of the guys upstairs while handing us our paperwork said "that will be 500p for the postage" ...... my asawa went off ...... she said "we paid that girl downstairs for that last week .... he asked who and she told him .... and then said if you want your money get it from her" ..... last we heard of the 500p postage fee ..... or should I say lunch money or maybe "baby needs a new pair of shoes" ..... yea I know 1000p isn't a lot of money and there are those that are gonna say but you're a rich kano so don't cry about it ....... maybe ..... but it is the principle of the thing ..... and then the idea that they think we are to stupid to know that the bulk mail is sent by courier at the Governments expense :hystery: ..... just like every other form we ever filled out and had sent to Manila no postage was charged ..... but I have so much and they have so little ...... yup ..... and I worked my arse off for 52 years to get it too ....... :dance:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good for you Mike! That was what I was talking about, doing it yourself without the help of an agent or fixer! You must had the time and patience! Will you have the time and patience again when your renewal comes up at the 10 year period? Good luck to you when that time comes! Take care! :hystery:

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
NEW FOR 2008 MCL-08
What's so new when the MCL-08 is 6 years old? Procedures and policies do change over time! What has been copied and pasted here is good information and the website was dated Jan 2010, but the link could not be posted here since it came from an ex-member from this forum who was not a every popular guy with the forum owner here, no need to mention any names! I just wonder though how up to dated it really is I mean the 2008 MCL-08, because I have come to the conclusion, not to believe everything one reads on an Official Philippines government immigration website! A few years ago when doing my wife's application for her Dual Citizenship application, I followed all the instructions from their immigration website, printed out the forms they provided and come to find out at the Philippine Consulate that it was all wrong with the wrong form format and too many copies of documents attached! If one knows of any direct contact to the main BI offices, Embassies and or Consulates in Manila, call or email them first, which may greatly increase one's chances of avoiding mistakes in any immigration application filing, but with that said, good luck to all to those doing their 13a/g visas or whatever in the near future! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
NEW FOR 2008 MCL-08
What's so new when the MCL-08 is 6 years old? Procedures and policies do change over time! What has been copied and pasted here is good information and the website was dated Jan 2010, but the link could not be posted here since it came from an ex-member from this forum who was not a every popular guy with the forum owner here, no need to mention any names! I just wonder though how up to dated it really is I mean the 2008 MCL-08, because I have come to the conclusion, not to believe everything one reads on an Official Philippines government immigration website! A few years ago when doing my wife's application for her Dual Citizenship application, I followed all the instructions from their immigration website, printed out the forms they provided and come to find out at the Philippine Consulate that it was all wrong with the wrong form format and too many copies of documents attached! If one knows of any direct contact to the main BI offices, Embassies and or Consulates in Manila, call or email them first, which may greatly increase one's chances of avoiding mistakes in any immigration application filing, but with that said, good luck to all to those doing their 13a/g visas or whatever in the near future!
Yes Art. I ran into that problem back in 2008 too. What it ended up being is that BOI uses the MCL series while the Consulars abroad are under the DFA and use FA series forms. This may have changed over the last 4 years but curious it it's still the same. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 2