Another American Dies In Davao

United Army
Posted
Posted

Tom recently stopped smoking and started to work out at a local gym, just recently. I'll bet you that he over did his workout one day, went to bed and died. He was over weight also. He was on Champva, so we was x-military.

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

This is sad news, my condolences.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Also, if she needs those numbers why didn't she already have them?
That's a little harsh,did your wife ever think she would need certain numbers related to what happen to her?No one thinks about those things unless its needed at the time.
  • Like 1

United Army
Posted
Posted

I found out that Tom was smoking 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day, was doing some drinking and had a diagnosis of a large heart. All not good for him.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My condolences to his family and to all who knew him. It sounds like he was well liked by all.

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Also, if she needs those numbers why didn't she already have them?
That's a little harsh,did your wife ever think she would need certain numbers related to what happen to her?No one thinks about those things unless its needed at the time.
Also as anyone who has been with a Pilipina for any length of time knows they don't want to talk or think about such stuff ...... it is like pulling teeth to even get them to listen to anything about you passing on ..... finally got my asawa to except the fact that I want to be cremated when I die ...... and that I will take her back to her home in the province if she passes before me ...... but the rest is typed out and put in our safety deposit box ...... with instructions to include to NOT notify the US Embassy ...... it is gonna be hard enough for her with out Uncle Sam poking his nose in everything and trying to freeze all the accounts till he can decide on who gets what ..... my asawa gets it all ..... and the piddling little $250 from SS pays to bury me can be used to help the government to fund some undeserving illegal alien (oooops ..... I'm sorry displaced future citizen (my arse)) ..... where as my legitimate ...... married to a US citizen ........ asawa can receive none of my SS when I die ...... but hey ..... i :mocking: ...... and they can shove it where the sun don't shine ...... she'll be taken care of without their help ...... god willing and the creek don't rise ...... :508:
  • Like 3

United Army
Posted
Posted

Tom did not have a Philippine joint bank account, his bank was located in the states so this wife has no access to his money. Tom did have a ATM debit card, she has that, but does not know the pin #, so she cannot use that either. She was left with no money after Tom passed away. His wife had to pawn her wedding ring in order to get cash to pay for the funeral. That is really sad. I'm not criticizing Tom at all, but he should of left her access to something, just in case. We sent Tom's wife P5,000 today in order to help her out, and I know be careful about lending money out....she was very gratefully for the P5,000. She gets no SS money since she is not a US Citizen but does get VA money and I'm going to help her out when she has to fill out that 10 page form for the VA. 10 pages, give me a break.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Tom did not have a Philippine joint bank account, his bank was located in the states so this wife has no access to his money. Tom did have a ATM debit card, she has that, but does not know the pin #, so she cannot use that either. She was left with no money after Tom passed away. His wife had to pawn her wedding ring in order to get cash to pay for the funeral. That is really sad. I'm not criticizing Tom at all, but he should of left her access to something, just in case. We sent Tom's wife P5,000 today in order to help her out, and I know be careful about lending money out....she was very gratefully for the P5,000. She gets no SS money since she is not a US Citizen but does get VA money and I'm going to help her out when she has to fill out that 10 page form for the VA. 10 pages, give me a break.
I think we can all learn from this and please have the information our loved ones need available in case of our passing... We really don't know when we will go so it's something we need to do now and not put off until later...
  • Like 1

United Army
Posted
Posted
I think we can all learn from this and please have the information our loved ones need available in case of our passing... We really don't know when we will go so it's something we need to do now and not put off until later...
Yes I second that. Very good point.