Legal Weapons For Expats / Visitors In Philippines

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

As far as I can understand, no weapon is legal for a foreigner. Remember, we have absolutely no rights here except to get on a plane and leave. Sucks!

• Like 2

Higg-num
Posted
Posted (edited)

Flyaway, You are correct. We see it consistently across many country's. There are videos, dash cams, ATM feeds....once you learn How the Bad guys operate....you can began to form a strategy and develop tactics. Yes there are answers to this type of situation...No guarantees but there are " Worst case " solutions. The context would have to change before we could discuss the " How's and why's " of the criminal element; operates the way they do. Everything from victim selection to evade & deescalation methods. : )Mike S. Posts like this helps because WE ( Visitors or Expats ) get clues as to what is acceptable IF a person is " Made " by the local po-po. ( p.s. Rattan will be a lot more durable with more sting than bamboo...generally speaking ; ) ) JollyGood Fellow, Thanks for the clarification. I did not think you intended it as insult. That would have been beneath your character no doubt. Ladies & Gentlemen, All know here , I am certain, that much is lost by way of communicating via written word. I ask for " Facts " . Not because I wish to look down upon ANYONE who may have objections to weapons or being an absolute pacifist or politics. I detailed the OP & later attempted clarifications. I wish to not only keep OUR emotions out of the question: Lawful concealed weapons ( Meaning NOT just concealed but covert )....on our person but wish to ISOLATE to this particular dynamic. ( I am grateful for the pat down info. Just as an example of why I wish to keep info in context. IF a weapon is lawful but subject to getting confiscated or you harassed by security then the context would change to NPE's ) Meaning........Non Permissive Environments which would include pat-down /search elude methods and so forth.IF you guys wish to engage in the pros verses cons of certain tools /weapons or how to be interview by Police, and so on, by all means I would not wish to suppress those views.I simply did not think it productive because anytime you throw in too many dynamics...you will never know what conclusions to make. There are gems in some of your posts. Like the pat downs. Another dynamic for certain but a very useful one.I hope this message is received as I have intended. Merely a request for information. I hope as well it may be of benefit to the lawful and morale.Sincerely ,Higg-num

Edited by Higg-num

Curley
Posted
Posted
As far as I can understand, no weapon is legal for a foreigner. Remember, we have absolutely no rights here except to get on a plane and leave. Sucks!
That "right" to get on a plane and leave is terminated if you break the law and they stick you inside. :tiphat:
  • Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

With regard to the "pat down" by security, I've never yet been touched, they seem to take one look at me and wave me through.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
That "right" to get on a plane and leave is terminated if you break the law and they stick you inside. :tiphat:
That would definitely suck even more...
  • Like 1

dean01
Posted
Posted
IF you guys wish to engage in the pros verses cons of certain tools /weapons or how to be interview by Police, and so on, by all means I would not wish to suppress those views.I simply did not think it productive because anytime you throw in too many dynamics...you will never know what conclusions to make. There are gems in some of your posts. Like the pat downs. Another dynamic for certain but a very useful one.I hope this message is received as I have intended. Merely a request for information. I hope as well it may be of benefit to the lawful and morale.Sincerely ,Higg-num
It sounds like you have not been to PI yet , so just come her like 1000's of others and be a tourist, no need to carry a weapon , I live here I also wear expensive silver the mace is the only thing i would carry, i would also carry it in other countries if it is legal , i would not carry a stun gun as you need to get in close.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
With regard to the "pat down" by security, I've never yet been touched, they seem to take one look at me and wave me through.
After the robbery/shootout at Robinson's last year they started doing the pats a little more diligently.
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
After the robbery/shootout at Robinson's last year they started doing the pats a little more diligently.
My most recent trips,,... Zamboanga city Oct/Nov 2011 and Davao/Samal Jan and Feb 2012 and not touched at all.... maybe my angelic face :tiphat:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I always have them lightly run their hand across the small of my back when I go into most malls ..... not a pat down as you would if the cops suspect you are carrying a weapon ...... or like at rhe airport if the detector goes off ...... there wouldn't be enough time to do that to everyone ..... :lol:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well the female guard at the mall gave me a good rub down, most thorough I've ever, had then pointed to the line for the males. :cheersty:

• Like 2