Shock

dean01
Posted
Posted

I was down at pasil last night and my girlfriend saw someone shot dead , she went into shock , and now I worry if she may need help.Does any one know someone who been through this ? What treatment did they need/go through ? An where in cebu can she go?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

First, my sympathies for your gf having to view that. Next, we are all curious if:This news story about the Dioneo vs Abellar family feud.Is what she witnessed.Then, I do not know of any therapy which helps. But I can tell you that my wife got over a death in the family by taking her on a trip to Hong Kong. Sometimes just a change of scenery and getting away for a while will help to get over life's tragedies.

• Like 2

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Trauma can leave scars. Look for a family counselor such as a priest if she is religious or psychologist if she prefers professional assistance in dealing with it and finding good coping strategies. There should be both available in any larger metro area.

• Like 2

dean01
Posted
Posted
First, my sympathies for your gf having to view that. Next, we are all curious if:This news story about the Dioneo vs Abellar family feud.Is what she witnessed.Then, I do not know of any therapy which helps. But I can tell you that my wife got over a death in the family by taking her on a trip to Hong Kong. Sometimes just a change of scenery and getting away for a while will help to get over life's tragedies.
no it may not make the news as it was a vigilantly taking out a drug dealer, one shot to the head , we saw the whole thing, one minute people sitting down next mayhem

dean01
Posted
Posted
Trauma can leave scars. Look for a family counselor such as a priest if she is religious or psychologist if she prefers professional assistance in dealing with it and finding good coping strategies. There should be both available in any larger metro area.
thanks good advice i will get her to follow up

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think seek medical help,shock can be dangerous.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

It is too late! If you had of known, and if there was an agreeable doc... there are certain anesthetic agents that, if administered in the proper time frame can cause the entire day to be lost. This has been known for many years and it is a treatment that is ignored and suppressed by rape counselors. Why?? If there is no memory... then no trauma and ... no long term therapy! Less patients.... less income.And, not to be the bearer of negative things..... but look at this long term. When 'the going gets tough... the tough get going!' ... or not. Sometimes people do not respond in an appropriate way and you end up with a liability and medications for years just to cope..... If she reacted this way as a result of someone she did not know, had no connection too and not feelings for... how will she react when a close family member dies? Or other situation. What if you are not 'there'... when happens? Some people have poor coping mechanizms.... Are you willing to pick up the load?The above is part of a standard 'family talk' used by medical professionals in explaining how and why some people shut down and what effect it has on the family. It is not meant to be insensitive, but these issues need to be looked at and a plan made.

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted
It is too late! If you had of known, and if there was an agreeable doc... there are certain anesthetic agents that, if administered in the proper time frame can cause the entire day to be lost. This has been known for many years and it is a treatment that is ignored and suppressed by rape counselors. Why?? If there is no memory... then no trauma and ... no long term therapy! Less patients.... less income.And, not to be the bearer of negative things..... but look at this long term. When 'the going gets tough... the tough get going!' ... or not. Sometimes people do not respond in an appropriate way and you end up with a liability and medications for years just to cope..... If she reacted this way as a result of someone she did not know, had no connection too and not feelings for... how will she react when a close family member dies? Or other situation. What if you are not 'there'... when happens? Some people have poor coping mechanizms.... Are you willing to pick up the load?The above is part of a standard 'family talk' used by medical professionals in explaining how and why some people shut down and what effect it has on the family. It is not meant to be insensitive, but these issues need to be looked at and a plan made.
For the benefit of the new members, Bruce is an RN (registered nurse) and has been around the block formany, many years. Although he may be retired, he is still active donating social and medical assistance tothe poor and needy. Strongly agree with JGF, please keep an eye for symptoms of shock or any recent strange behaviors.Best of luck to you sir -- Jake
  • Like 2

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

I must , regrettably, side with Bruce. Though I myself was in a field of medicine, we dealt with this sort of thing as well. From both aspects ( Victims /patients and our own Ops personel who was responsible for the after math to a degree )JGF & Jake are correct. A professional is needed.

• Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted
I agree with Bruce and a little surprise of her over reaction. Dean01, sorry to be affront but just wanted to know how long have you known her? How old is she? I just wanted to assure you that she will overcome it as long you will not over react yourself too. A simple tight hug and a breathtaking kiss will vanish all those memories of a bad night! :mocking:
  • Like 2