Shock

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Though I am not a medical professional, I did a lot of counselling (by the hospital's request) of parents of babies through to teens born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus - and too often for the parents of babies who did not survive. I and my ex both had no support when my daughter was born and it was pretty rough for both of us... We were told she would die soon... Then changed to a couple years... Then to enjoy what you can... And then she'll survive but you will never hold her in your arms... Six months and maybe you can hold her.... It's been almost a month, would you like to hold her? It's been a month since she was born, would you like to take her home today? She is now 28 years old. So though I have not faced death this way, I have a deep relationship with death and the psychological injury that can result.I strongly recommend you help her find professional help - a counsellor, priest, psychologist, whatever - even if it's just a one time visit. They can help her to realize her fears and how to face them. And one other thing that no one has mentioned... Give her lots of love and understanding! An extra hug, a kiss, an "I love you"... And hold her for a few seconds longer so she knows in her heart that you are there for her - just as you promised on the day you were wed. This can make all the difference in the world.(Ah, Daisy, you snuck that in while I was writing mine... :mocking: )

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I just wanted to assure you that she will overcome it as long you will not over react yourself too. A simple tight hug and a breathtaking kiss will vanish all those memories of a bad night!
And one other thing that no one has mentioned... Give her lots of love and understanding! An extra hug, a kiss, an "I love you"... And hold her for a few seconds longer so she knows in her heart that you are there for her - just as you promised on the day you were wed. This can make all the difference in the world.
I'll third that.
  • Like 2

dean01
Posted
Posted

Just a update the first night she did not sleep well but she is ok now, I know she went into shock as she was pale and not herself , the first night she was jumping in her sleep and could not sleep more than 30 min. I did ask her to see the pastor or a doc but she did not. Just so you know it was not easy for her there are some more details which I have to leave out . What i can tell you is the shooter will probably never be charged you will understand why if you know who the vigilantes are associated with.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

ppa.ph contact them,best w/phone call they can give referralhttp://www.thefilipinodoctor.com/search-city.php?cityid=20021592&keyword=Psychiatry&keycity=Cebu+City&option=|||Cebu+City|&citymids=20021592 here is a list of doctors that may be of assistance

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Good to hear she's feeling better! Just keep on with the extra attention and she'll know she's in a good place...