Is It Really More Fun In The Philippines?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
boring and sterile
I notice that too. Not about Australia but, after living in Philippines for a while all first world places are boring and sterile.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
boring and sterile
I notice that too. Not about Australia but, after living in Philippines for a while all first world places are boring and sterile.
Is that the meaning of progress or is it that cleanliness now costs too much for the average pooreigner? :mocking:
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

there must be a middle ground :mocking:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
there must be a middle ground :hystery:
The "middle ground" to me would be going back to "no toilet paper, no toilet seat" and just having to use a tabo tabo or a bucket of water to wash my sphincter muscle aka butt hole, using only my left hand of course, which for me is not fun when in the province outhouses or with just a hole in the ground! Been there, done that, but no thanks, "middle ground" or not! :mocking:

guamman
Posted
Posted

CNN news is carried around the world. Let us see what news they put in there (or across their ticker on the the bottom of the screen) about the Philippines. Just recently, bombing kills a few in Philippines, earthquake kill so many in Philippines. Then there are always the typhoons kill so many, landslides and heavy rains kill so many, and lets not forget the massacre a couple of years back, the bus full of tourists being shot and ongoing kidnappings.. Are you seeing a pattern here. Yes, the PI is a beautiful place and safe in most parts but the only news you see about the PI is negative, and there is quite a bit of that. So if the everyday future tourist who doesn't have any ties in the Philippines has to choose a vacation destination, I am sure the PI is way down on their list. The old saying any news is good for publicity sure doesn't work in these situations. Is it really more fun in the Philippines. Hell, there are many (many) places that the filipinos won't even go traveling to because of the dangers due to actual problems or misconceptions.of the place.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
CNN news is carried around the world. Let us see what news they put in there (or across their ticker on the the bottom of the screen) about the Philippines. Just recently, bombing kills a few in Philippines, earthquake kill so many in Philippines. Then there are always the typhoons kill so many, landslides and heavy rains kill so many, and lets not forget the massacre a couple of years back, the bus full of tourists being shot and ongoing kidnappings.. Are you seeing a pattern here. Yes, the PI is a beautiful place and safe in most parts but the only news you see about the PI is negative, and there is quite a bit of that. So if the everyday future tourist who doesn't have any ties in the Philippines has to choose a vacation destination, I am sure the PI is way down on their list. The old saying any news is good for publicity sure doesn't work in these situations. Is it really more fun in the Philippines. Hell, there are many (many) places that the filipinos won't even go traveling to because of the dangers due to actual problems or misconceptions.of the place.
Why then does your location shows the location: Philippines, below your picture-less avatar? :mocking:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Why then does your location shows the location: Philippines, below your picture-less avatar?
Because he lives here and chooses not to put in a picture.He is my neighbor, Art, and he just may have lived in the Philippines longer than you have been back from the US, maybe I said. Not sure on the dates. Point is that the Guam Man's point of view is based on a lot of experience here.
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

My point is, isn't there enough negative comments about the Philippines? It's not a matter of who lived in the Philippines the longest, but of the attitudes of people in general living in the Philippines! All of the bad things in the Philippines won't go away in our lifetime! All we can do is accept it and or be part of the solution instead of becoming part of the problem! I've lived in the Philippines off and on for 24 yrs, and the last 13 of those yrs were consecutive here in Northern Central Luzon and I was born here, I read, write and speak the Filipino Tagalog language fluently!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

guamman
Posted
Posted

Just pointing out facts. If you read closely I said it is beautiful and safe. Talk to CNN about it not me.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Just pointing out facts. If you read closely I said it is beautiful and safe. Talk to CNN about it not me.
Your actual quote: Yes, the PI is a beautiful place and safe in most parts but the only news you see about the PI is negative, and there is quite a bit of that. Hell, there are many (many) places that the Filipinos won't even go traveling to because of the dangers due to actual problems or misconceptions of the place. Besides, CNN's negative comments didn't get posted here by CNN themselves! Edited by Art2ro