Ever Have This Problem

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Gee... Hearing Jake talking about his military-use electronics reminds me of one of my first computers in the military.... A navigational computer on a helicopter that used synchros and gears to figure out where things were and the display was in color - 2 stobe markers in red and green that worked with mirrors, a bright light bulb and very often a lot of smoke... Hey, Jake, aren't you older than me? Please? Steve? Anybody?
I'll be 54 in May.
Kids!!! (grumble... grumble....) I was 54 in February..... AARRRGGGHHHH!!!! :cheersty:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
it could be a lot worse like using SmartBro :)
I have had lots of problems with smart bro, I have changed to globe line. My Gf said smart are not very smart they lose connection always, I said yes they are smart because you are paying for something you don`t get. I find it funny that they say up to 3 meg I would like them to publish the figures of how many times this has been achieved. Before I changed to globe I did a speed test on smartbro and it was 83bites so less than 1 30th of their claim up to 3meg. I would not recommend smartbro to my worst enemy.Kevin
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
it could be a lot worse like using SmartBro :)
I have had lots of problems with smart bro, I have changed to globe line. My Gf said smart are not very smart they lose connection always, I said yes they are smart because you are paying for something you don`t get. I find it funny that they say up to 3 meg I would like them to publish the figures of how many times this has been achieved. Before I changed to globe I did a speed test on smartbro and it was 83bites so less than 1 30th of their claim up to 3meg. I would not recommend smartbro to my worst enemy.Kevin
As someone previously mentioned, their truth in advertisement is right on. The key wording is "up to".Anything less than 3 million bits per second, even 83 bits per second is OK with them. Could it be thatmany illegal users are tapping your broadband signal?

Jake
Posted
Posted
Gee... Hearing Jake talking about his military-use electronics reminds me of one of my first computers in the military.... A navigational computer on a helicopter that used synchros and gears to figure out where things were and the display was in color - 2 stobe markers in red and green that worked with mirrors, a bright light bulb and very often a lot of smoke... Hey, Jake, aren't you older than me? Please? Steve? Anybody?
Ah yes, those synchro and servo motors for radar, navigation and weapon systems. A few times, I was gyrating on thefloor doing the 400hz dance. Hey, you ain't a technician if you don't get zap every now and then. Oh yeah, I now glowin the dark too, since my last command was on board a nuke missile cruiser. What a piece of chit that was!This coming June, I will be as old as fossilized dinosaur chit at age 62. Although, I can still hang with the younger studs,giving them a run for their money playing hard core tennis.Love doing smoke test for troubleshooting purposes...he, he. Hey Steve, are you done with my hammer yet?
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Ah yes, those synchro and servo motors for radar, navigation and weapon systems. A few times, I was gyrating on thefloor doing the 400hz dance. Hey, you ain't a technician if you don't get zap every now and then. Oh yeah, I now glowin the dark too, since my last command was on board a nuke missile cruiser. What a piece of chit that was!This coming June, I will be as old as fossilized dinosaur chit at age 62. Although, I can still hang with the younger studs,giving them a run for their money playing hard core tennis.Love doing smoke test for troubleshooting purposes...he, he. Hey Steve, are you done with my hammer yet?
Thanks Jake! I guess I can at least call you an "old far... far... far...fff" Maybe I"ll still just call you Jake... :attention: :attention: