How Has Living In The Philippines Changed You?

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Heres my thoughts on what you posted. A little bit of dirt never hurt any one. Some times its good for you to get your hands a little dirty. The poverty here has made me feel better about myself as it feels good to help out people in need and I try to do as much as possible. The traffic, well I just take taxi and some times sleep until i get to where I,m going. The language barrier is a tough one but a smile goes a long way here and a hug blows them away. at least that is what I have experienced As for some feeling like a loser for coming here for girls, Getting a good women is one of the most important things a man has to do and you will not find any better women than you can find in the Philippines ( their not spoiled yet ). The only thing that really irritates me is hearing sorry sir out of stock, If i had a pesos for every time I have heard that well you know. Posted Image When that happens its time to go home and have a :)
You, Sir, are a very smart and inteligent man! Excellent post and excellent actions all around! :tiphat:

jode
Posted
Posted
Nice posts, always good to hear stories from people that have found happiness and contentment after a stressful life. However the posts don't go into much detail as to exactly what it is that causes the relief from stress here. Actually from my year or so of experience here this would seem to be a place of much greater stressors than alot of places back home, especially to a foreigner not used to it. The dirt, poverty, traffic, language barriors ect. you know what I am talking about. Also, there are alot of places back home easy to find relief from daily grind. How about a nice cabin on a lake, or if winters to tough for that, a nice bungallow in Florida underneath the palms (you can get great deals there now). In other words I am unconvinced yet of what it is here exactly causes such relief from stress and contentment.As for me about 95% of the lure of the philippines is the filipinas. I know alot of guys don't want to admit that they go 9000 miles for a girl. It makes you sound like kinda a loser. So they go on about cost of living, climate, whatever, but I am not ashamed to be honest with myself and others. I came all this way for girls. Humans being what they are, the terrible stressors here can be adjusted to and tolerated after awhile, especially with a beautiful, sweet, loving young woman at your side. To be thousands of miles away from the domineering bitc%s back home is not far enough for me.Maybe it is just putting distance between you and your past life?
Heres my thoughts on what you posted. A little bit of dirt never hurt any one. Some times its good for you to get your hands a little dirty. The poverty here has made me feel better about myself as it feels good to help out people in need and I try to do as much as possible. The traffic, well I just take taxi and some times sleep until i get to where I,m going. The language barrier is a tough one but a smile goes a long way here and a hug blows them away. at least that is what I have experienced As for some feeling like a loser for coming here for girls, Getting a good women is one of the most important things a man has to do and you will not find any better women than you can find in the Philippines ( their not spoiled yet ). The only thing that really irritates me is hearing sorry sir out of stock, If i had a pesos for every time I have heard that well you know. 1%20%28103%29.gif When that happens its time to go home and have a :hystery:
well It wasn't the macho get your hands dirty working I was thinking of, I am sure most of us have done plenty of that and it certainly is good for a man. I was thinking more of the dirt that gets in your eyes , in your lungs and on your food. Dust, I hate dust and there is plenty of it in Philippines and very little in most urban places in USA. I didn't want to go into detail on stressors and anoyances in Philippines , way too off subject. My main point was plenty of places back home to get away from stress. Why travel so far to do it? Answered that as for myself - Filipinas. What about you?I am always concerned in these forums of guys painting too rosy a picture of life here. We don't want to encourage guys to jump in here with both feet only to be shocked at what they find and have no easy way out. Moving to Philippines is not an automatic relief from stress . However it is a great place to meet a wonderful woman.
  • Like 2