Racism In Philippines?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Racist or clueless? Racism is not unknown in Philippines do forum members think this is racist?On the March 2012 cover of FHM Philippines, the country’s top-selling men’s mag, a light-skinned model emerges from a group of black models accompanied by the caption, “Stepping Out of the Shadows.” fhm-cover-vertical.jpg?w=240&h=360&crop=1http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/01/racist-filipino-magazine-cover-axed-after-online-outrage/?iid=obinsite

Genius
Posted
Posted

They Also played with the colour balances on photoshop, didn't they.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It's not clueless, but a borderline derogatory statement by the black and Filipina models, including the caption! JMHO!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The skin lightening industry's over there caters to it but the TV and entertainment people are totally obsessed with light skin tone.

Jake
Posted
Posted
The skin lightening industry's over there caters to it but the TV and entertainment people are totally obsessed with light skin tone.
Sorry Dan, hate to burst your bubble but here is the final decision regarding this matter, posted last week:http://www.philippin...dpost__p__62064

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:541: :mocking: I must have been AWOL that day. Jake buddy how could you have missed a chance and not post a hot Filipina picture?!

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

The darkest you are the unluckier you are.For the ones living here notice:How many people with high positions such as bank managers, public high officials, private corporations managers etc etc are darked skin? Most are more white than me!!!Men and women prefer light skin partners Skin color defines your place in society, YES there is racism. Not as bad as in other countries but there is.

• Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I define it more as Discrimination.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Racism is any action or attitude, conscious or unconscious, that subordinates an individual or group based on skin color or race. It can be enacted individually or institutionally.Discrimination refers to the treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Racism is any action or attitude, conscious or unconscious, that subordinates an individual or group based on skin color or race. It can be enacted individually or institutionally.Discrimination refers to the treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.
Well, based on my turd grade level of understanding Inglesh, I think the magazine colorfully discriminates light skinin favor of dark skin as a cheap promotion to increase readership. As you may know, the editor has already revisedits front cover due to many complaints from local Filipinos and those living abroad.From my observation, there is also a hidden class discrimination: the fake aristocrats vs the real poor, which includesthe rich fake Christians, the untouchables and their goons to flaunt and protect the status quo. If you ain't driving aPajero SUV or a Benz, you ain't chit......he, he.Proud to be a dark Filipino -- Jake
  • Like 3