Filipinos In Us Are #2 & #4

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Filipinos in US are #2 & #4, they make up the largest group of illegal and legal migrating to the US Now we know why the US makes it so hard for Filipinos to get visitor visas. I hate to say this but it sure seems Filipinos do not respect laws and that makes it hard on those who wish to visit legally and come home afterwards. I think this shows just how desperate Filipinos are to get away from the Philippines and I shudder to think what is going to happen to the Philippines, if the US cracks down on illegals and sends all of the illegal Filipinos home? Filipinos No. 2 legal migrants in US http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/news...-migrants-in-USFilipinos make up the 4th most illegal migrants in US from RP http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/brea...s-in-US-from-RP

Edited by Mr. Lee

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I hate to say this but it sure seems Filipinos do not respect laws.
You had me laughing out loud with this comment Mr. Lee. As epiphanies go, this is on par with 'water is wet' in terms of obviousness.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I hate to say this but it sure seems Filipinos do not respect laws.
You had me laughing out loud with this comment Mr. Lee. As epiphanies go, this is on par with 'water is wet' in terms of obviousness.
Sorry but did I state the obvious. SugarwareZ-004.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Oh yes. :1 (72):

Travis
Posted
Posted

Now who is insulting Filipinos.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
You, by hanging around the escalators and copping a cheap thrill.Lee brings up a very valid point why it's so hard for for honest Filipinos to get a visa.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Please don't feed the Troll. :1 (72):

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
We were critical of Traveler for his comments so I think he asked a legitimate question guys. IMOI am sure you have observed since you have been there that there is a tendency to ignore or evade certain rules. (like three or four lanes of traffic an a two lane road and watch for motor bikes on the sidewalk) Not everyone necessarily does it all the time but it is a pretty strong trend. It is a fact that it is difficult for a filipino to get a US visa because so many in the past have violated immigration laws. It isn't intended as an insult just an observation of a cultural norm. . Edited by tom_shor

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Fair enough Tom. Traveler, I take back the Troll comment.

We were critical of Traveler for his comments so I think he asked a legitimate question guys. IMOI am sure you have observed since you have been there that there is a tendency to ignore or evade certain rules. (like three or four lanes of traffic an a two lane road and watch for motor bikes on the sidewalk) Not everyone necessarily does it all the time but it is a pretty strong trend. It is a fact that it is difficult for a filipino to get a US visa because so many in the past have violated immigration laws. It isn't intended as an insult just an observation of a cultural norm. .

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Lee brings up a very valid point why it's so hard for for honest Filipinos to get a visa.
This exact issue has me steamed at the moment. The difficulty in securing a tourist visa for my wife has forced us to give up on living in the Philippines for now. If something were to happen (death in the family, civil unrest, BI problems, etc) and I needed to leave the Philippines, my wife would not be able to go with me. So, we're in the process of applying for her green card so we can live in the US and she can travel back and forth a bit more freely. Once she has dual citizenship in 3-6 years we'll look at moving back to the Philippines.I don't relish moving back to the States but I also don't like the idea of leaving my wife behind if something happens. We need to have an exit strategy that will keep the family together in case something goes wrong here in the Philippines and dual citizenship is really the only sure fire way to do that.The good news is that it takes almost a year to get her green card approved so I've still got some time to enjoy life here.