Beware Of Citi-Hardware

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I have been buying stuff for years knowing you can't return it.That is why you get it tested before you leave the store,Regards: Jim
:hystery: TEST! a 10 Meter Garden Hose with Sprinkler, Now This, I would love to Watch. :hystery: Ooooooooooooooops. Sorry Jim, Monday humorJack P. :lol:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
TEST! a 10 Meter Garden Hose with Sprinkler, Now This, I would love to Watch
Been there done that. In Ormoc. Last month. The clerk, under supervision of the store owner, showed me what a good quality it was by taking it out on the street and washing a parked motorcycle belonging to some stranger. (With nozzle not sprinkler because I would not use a sprinkler here. Rains too much so it is not needed.) The stranger happened to be standing nearby and asked the clerk if he could please wash the mud out from under the mudguards and the clerk obliged. I bought the hose.HOWEVER, even with the demonstration, I got it home and found out it did not have the right coupling I needed for the task. Oh well. I should have looked more carefully.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: Ain't life full of Surprises! Just when you think you have it Right. :lol: At least the Stranger was happy.Jack P. :hystery:

• 4 years later...
OutsiderExpat
Posted
Posted

Yes, Philippines and many countries are not same as in West.   Important to not force what person is accustomed to in foreign country.   Places like Wilcon, Biltmore tools and supplies, have no problem with return items.  In Thailand you can buy anything, anywhere... walk away.. see it is wrong size and immediately try change for correct size, or change color, etc and impossible.   You paid it is yours, irregardless so be very sure you want it.  In USA, I have seen person return high end cooking pot for different style - claimed never used it but clearly crab parts could be seen in pot - still they returned it for pot of his choice.  Seems high end stores  more reasonable.    I had purchased an electric hot plate.  It only works with stainless steel pots/pans.  I am only 1 person, I bought  small stainless steel pan.  The hotplate would not work.  The SS pot had to also be certain size no matter I was only one cooking.  Went back to store (Gaisano mall).   I explained problem - yes, do not trust foreigner, they did however check it out on one of their hot plates and saw it not work and larger did.   They changed SS pot, but they gave me refund first and I paid for new pot. They would not simple take balance between the 2 pots (just different way to do things, more work, but hey not my store).  I have seen Pinoy (Filipino) try to return broken plastic containers and refused to exchange for one not broken/cracked.  I took it in (to City Metro) and no problem for me to change it.  Maybe also whom you speak to, or demeanor in which foreigner approaches problem (voice etc? vs calm and reserved, maybe).

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 3/11/2012 at 9:36 AM, scianna54 said:

Looking at the description of what happened, I'd say this could also happen in Canada. It depends on the item and the store and the cause of failure. I probably wouldn't even bother to return it. Most places have a 7 day return policy and warranty after that. In your case, the 90 days don't really apply I think, so I agree with the store. Some stores would probably still replace it depending on the internal store policy.

Can't agree there I am sorry.  the Po was certainly within his rights to expect a 90 day warranty if that is what was written. Warranties need to be specific if something is not covered.  Well in the west it is the case?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

As sgg in another post, I would be getting in touch with the Head Office.  Even though you have purchased another hose, I would pursue if and maybe you will end up with another hose. If they have a metal one, maybe pay the extra fee.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Keep an eye on posting dates, folks.  The new member revived a 4 year old post, as new members will do when reading all the old posts in the forum (good for them) but we old hands should learn to read the date of the opening post before responding to ancient history.

For reasons of his own, JGF does not lock threads that reach old age so commenting on them is within the rules, so long as you are aware that you are doing it.

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Keep an eye on posting dates, folks.  The new member revived a 4 year old post, as new members will do when reading all the old posts in the forum (good for them) but we old hands should learn to read the date of the opening post before responding to ancient history.

For reasons of his own, JGF does not lock threads that reach old age so commenting on them is within the rules, so long as you are aware that you are doing it.

Sharp eyes and mind, my friend. 

In this case it may or may not be that important since I haven't noticed many commercial policy practice changes since then. Its good to know what others have experienced in these matters. I am so jaded now that I actually expect the worst and may or may not give it a go, when facing similar situations.

Why? Because this is Da Pilippines. :6:

Edited by manofthecoldland
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

:AddEmoticons04230::hystery::hystery: .... I caught it because of the nicks of posters who don't post anymore ..... at first it had me scratching my head ..... :whistling:

:cheersty:

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 12 March 2012 at 10:04 AM, Jim Sibbick said:

I have been buying stuff for years knowing you can't return it.That is why you get it tested before you leave the store,Regards: Jim

Very true. 

• Like 1