Beware Of Citi-Hardware

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

It's not a surprise the "Customer Service" is NOT a priority in the Philippines. Courtesy is unknown and efficiency is an unknown term. 

robert k
Posted
Posted

Going off topic here but I think it should be said. Do we not tell people to search for topics rather than make multiple new topics?

On topic. Unless it is a big ticket item, I would usually assume no warrantee.. An example might be a Samsung refrigerator with a ten year warrantee on the compressor and well defined warrantee on the other parts.

A "New" chop chop multicab that the seller gives a 7-10 day warrantee I would drive a lot, try to put 2k km on it in that time and take it back to have defects fixed while still under warrantee. 

• 3 years later...
Ken Bowles
Posted
Posted

I have found this policy to rather prevalent in the Philippines even at other stores. There seems to be no warranty for defective merchandise. I have not seen the DOT pamphlet, but I have contacted the manufacturer. Some have taken the item back but one advised me that there was no manufacture's warranty and if the store offered one, it was their policy to accept items as stipulated in their policy. I have found this "attitude" in other Asian countries as well - item is acceptable for return on certain conditions. Seems that if the item is working when you walk out the door, it's not returnable for any reason. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Moderator's note

Welcome new member Ken Bowles

This is an old thread you have posted in.  The information may not be relevant to today.  I approved your post as a "welcome to the forum" gesture.  Feel free to start a new thread on the subject if you want to discuss it further.

@Jollygoodfellow

I locked the topic waiting for your approval.  This thread is from 2012.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2012 at 9:24 PM, Steve & Myrlita said:
On 3/10/2012 at 8:53 PM, Okieboy said:
i think it was bad judgement on his part, i do business with citi hardware in davao and have had very good service, i bought a cut off saw there and it quit about a month later, took it back no problem they replaced it.

In your honest opinion, you feel that only Bacolod City will not warranty their products? Can anyone else testify about the store in their area? Makes me wonder if the Citi Hardwares are like the banks. Each store with their own rules.

Edited by RBM
Did not check date

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

My experience with Citi Hardware is a mixed bag:

1. bought a Honda grass cutter, when the line ran out I went back to the store and asked to buy some more line, they don't stock the line they only stock the machine, I questioned that on their Facebook page but was told "That's the way it is".

2. Bought a chinese made lawnmower, which I knew was crap but that is the only one available here in the province, and I didn't want to get a Briggs&Stratton from Lazada in case I had problems, how to you return it? Anyway the cheap chinese made one lasted for about 6 months and things started to go wrong with, I have taken it back 3 times and they have fixed it for me free of charge even though it is out of warranty. Even though it was fixed free of charge I did give the technician a tip.

3. Bought a wheelbarrow with a pneumatic tyre, after 8 months the tyre was destroyed, cheap Chinese, they don't stock the replacement tyre and sadly I can't get one from anywhere, so the wheelbarrow will become a garden ornament.

So everything is hit and miss with them, no problem I suppose, Caveat Emptor.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

1. bought a Honda grass cutter, when the line ran out I went back to the store and asked to buy some more line, they don't stock the line they only stock the machine, I questioned that on their Facebook page but was told "That's the way it is".

Maybe I am just really stupid (I have been accused of that before, so won't be offended if you agree)... But what's the point of selling an item for which the consumer cannot purchase replacement or continuing use parts? They could earn money by selling follow-on supplies...right? Thanks for the heads-up about that. Who wants to buy a grass cutter (weed wacker) without being able to get replacement line? Duhhhh...

I really hate Citi Hardware here in Davao. There might be 10 "sales" people standing around jabbering about whatever... When L or I look for something and ask, most of those people disappear. Or they don't know anything about anything in the store. I can find products faster than they can, even after L describes these items in their language... The staff are mostly clueless...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

They could earn money by selling follow-on supplies...right?

Tom, they can earn a lot more selling new machines than consumeables.  There's a method in the madness.  OK, you may get peed off with them and got to Ace instead for example, but you will likely end up in the same situation a few months down the line.  Finally, they are all the same and us poor customers have limited choices.  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Tom, they can earn a lot more selling new machines than consumeables.  There's a method in the madness.  OK, you may get peed off with them and got to Ace instead for example, but you will likely end up in the same situation a few months down the line.  Finally, they are all the same and us poor customers have limited choices.  

I understand your comment and generally agree, HK... But I disagree somewhat and don't think it is as hopeless as you indicate...

However, I have started a new track for myself and L. Most of the time, when we buy something from whatever store, we ask about service and also, especially, supplies... So, when it comes time to buy a weed wacker, for example, I will ask for and buy - at time of purchase - extra supplies. If they cannot provide, then I will not buy. There are a number of products that do make extra supplies available... This does not make the purchasing easy at all - makes a big hassle sometimes... But we are already finding products that have support so we will buy.... An example is air/con units, computer printers - there are service centers here for those products and there is some customer support. It is not like we westerners are accustomed to, but it seems to be a step in the right direction?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I understand your comment and generally agree, HK... But I disagree somewhat and don't think it is as hopeless as you indicate...

However, I have started a new track for myself and L. Most of the time, when we buy something from whatever store, we ask about service and also, especially, supplies... So, when it comes time to buy a weed wacker, for example, I will ask for and buy - at time of purchase - extra supplies. If they cannot provide, then I will not buy. There are a number of products that do make extra supplies available... This does not make the purchasing easy at all - makes a big hassle sometimes... But we are already finding products that have support so we will buy.... An example is air/con units, computer printers - there are service centers here for those products and there is some customer support. It is not like we westerners are accustomed to, but it seems to be a step in the right direction?

Same as you, i agree up to a point with what you're saying But...

Sometimes we need to buy something regardless of the after-sales being poor.  And, we all know how it is here - here today, gone tomorrow so the available supplies may not be available later.  :wink: 

• Like 1