16 Month Ending Soon. Visa/ticket Questions

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Believe me things change every day at the BoI - and also atevery government office we visit.

However all of the changes in the past year have been for the good - many forms of corruption and abuse are now no longer there for those who would try to beat the system.

I for one think the country's going th right way.

I so totally agree with you! It's nice to hear that the corruption is being weeded out! Maybe it was fine when it was the only way to get something but, with all the changes happening in government, I don't recommend anyone trying the back door way any more... It would be too easy to find out that you have "deport me" papers now!

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Believe me things change every day at the BoI - and also atevery government office we visit.

However all of the changes in the past year have been for the good - many forms of corruption and abuse are now no longer there for those who would try to beat the system.

I for one think the country's going th right way.

I so totally agree with you! It's nice to hear that the corruption is being weeded out! Maybe it was fine when it was the only way to get something but, with all the changes happening in government, I don't recommend anyone trying the back door way any more... It would be too easy to find out that you have "deport me" papers now!

Hey there Bob. Yes I agree. I wonder if it had something to do with CJ conviction? The word may be spreading, "Do what he did and you're next."
  • Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

just back from my visa run to HkG. Bought my refundable departing tix on Cathay BUT is was so disappointed that no one at Cebu Pacific check in or at immigration in Cebu even asked for it. Oh well good thing its refundable. I am out about 30 bucks though. Maybe the Immigration officer didn't ask as I was with my wife and he stamped me as Balikbayan. I guess BB status you don't need the outbound tix?

Elsa
Posted
Posted

The changes in government "corruption" in all departments seemed to happen shortly after Ninoy came to power.

For me he is a very understated politician - he achieves but doesn't brag about it - a very refreshing change!

• Like 2

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Preparing to leave Tacloban today going back home to Cebu. I have gone thru our luggage to ensure that we have no liquids or sharp objects such as shampoo's or razors or nail clippers of any kind. Hopefully we will not have a replay of our last departure from here. We return to Cebu again not knowing if Rowena will be able to recieve a correct and readable copy of her N.S.O. birth certificate in a month or two or not.

What we know and understand about the Philippines is that the Laws here are more like guidelines. To be inforced at the discretion of the official you are talking to at the moment.

It does no good to get upset or angry and stomp ones feet or raise your voice. It also does little good to contact another person in the same office to acheive your goal. The best thiing we have found is to do what the person we are talking to says no matter how silly it may seem at the time.

Our plans to go to America to get married are still the same. Just postponed for a little while.

We will know more about that in a month or two. Until then we will look for another place to rent somewhere here in the Philippines since our current rental lease is ending in August. Perhaps Cebu, Perhaps not. We attempted to find one here in Tacloban. Unfortunatly we were not able to find one suitable for us. So its back to Cebu for us. Then I go to Singapore then to maylasia alone for 5 days. Found cheaper hotels across the border. Then back to Cebu to start the process all over again.

• Like 2

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

I was wondering how long do I have to leave the Philippines in order to return and renew my tourist visa after staying here 16 months?

Thanks

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have done it by staying away for 3 days and coming back and I have heard of others coming back the very next day.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

It is my understanding that if they stamp your visa say on today's date of 6/30/2012 you can return on 7/1/2012 ...... some people just do a turn around ..... some I have been told book a flight late and return the following morning but this is just what I've been told as I have never had to leave the country ..... but it does seem a shame to at least not see a little bit of the country you are going to for a day or two ..... IMHO

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

It is my understanding that if they stamp your visa say on today's date of 6/30/2012 you can return on 7/1/2012 ...... some people just do a turn around ..... some I have been told book a flight late and return the following morning but this is just what I've been told as I have never had to leave the country ..... but it does seem a shame to at least not see a little bit of the country you are going to for a day or two ..... IMHO

That is my thought too. Since I have to pay for the flight to another country I may as well see whats there. I will be gone for 5 days this time. I need the break. ha ha ha.

I plan on going from Singapore over to Malaysia and staying there for a few days.

what does IMHO mean?

Thanks

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I -in M -my H -humble O -opinion ....... a gentile way of saying "that's what the hell I think" ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: