Posted
Posted

My bad! What was the topic again?

Oh, yeah.... Canvas at Ayala Terraces!

:attention:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I`m sorry, But over 1000 for a steak.........You could have a beautiful woman all night for that :dance:

tsk, tsk, tsk .................. what about a gigolo???????????

:36_6_3[1]: :mocking: :lol:

So I have been informed gigolos are cheaper, 2 grandes of red horse and take your pick.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm ..... I was gonna say maybe it is a Brit thing as I noticed that all the Brits that reported on the place gave it raves except you ..... but then I noticed you fly a Brit flag but if I remember correctly you are a Brit/Canadian so maybe that's the difference .......... :rolleyes: :36_6_3[1]: :hystery: :hystery: ........ :cheersty:

Nothing wrong with Brit food.. I love their Fish and Chips - just like Dave had! Just be careful in England with the Chinese food... In Liverpool, on my takeout order of Chicken and Fried Rice? The cook put Worcestershire rather than Soy Sauce on it.

:mocking:

Bob Don`t you know, everything in Liverpool is a scam.
  • Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

My bad! What was the topic again?

Oh, yeah.... Canvas at Ayala Terraces!

:attention:

Canvasssing at Ayala Terrace .......................... :mocking: :lol: :hystery:

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted (edited)

I`m sorry, But over 1000 for a steak.........You could have a beautiful woman all night for that :dance:

tsk, tsk, tsk .................. what about a gigolo???????????

:36_6_3[1]: :mocking: :lol:

So I have been informed gigolos are cheaper, 2 grandes of red horse and take your pick.

sonny, i had a good reply for you by quoting what i overheard from my cousins neighbours catfight ............ however, out of respect of Jakeys' sensitivities :mocking: , and keeping the open forum clean, i will keep my mouth shut!!

:36_6_3[1]:

Edited by Ashanti
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
it can,t be nice seeing such critical comments on forums like these it does do harm to the business .I shall pay a visit very soon and report back good or bad

:hystery:

Have you been reading the responses? Since I posted critical comments there have been more people replying that they will check it out to see if it is really that bad then ever before. How can that harm the business?

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

• Like 3

tiger31
Posted
Posted
it can,t be nice seeing such critical comments on forums like these it does do harm to the business .I shall pay a visit very soon and report back good or bad

:hystery:

Have you been reading the responses? Since I posted critical comments there have been more people replying that they will check it out to see if it is really that bad then ever before. How can that harm the business?

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

exactly because people have said its a good place is why i,m going to try for myself .publicity works both ways in view ,ive never heard of it so now that i,ve heard the reviews i,m off to try out the place.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

OK folks.. so I did go to the Canvas and tried it. First impression, the lights were off, the seating was not indicative of an upscale place but then, who cares? The food was the main thing.

I ordered the two Corona beers, green salad, a tenderloin Australian beef and finished it off with an american coffee and a chocolate cake.

The salad was soggy ...

The Corona, well, he couldn't change that? :dance:

The beef was of a small size but tender.. Eh...OK...

The Cake was a small triangular piece sitting in a whole plate alone wondering, where is the chocolate syrup?

The bill was 1,610 Pesos excluding the tip..

Was it worth it? Nope! My last try? Yup!

Mind you, TGIF was 1,400 P, with two Coronas, combo fajetas and a mud pie (which was really muddy!). Neither was worth it. The only winner was the Corona :dance:

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Drinking Coronas here is going to get expensive. I find San Mig Lite very similar.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Even when a place gets a bad review from others you know, sometimes it is a good idea to give it a try... I have found places I love that others hate! And some places I hate that others love! So... :mocking: