2012 Forum Get Together - Friday April 20

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its Time!We had a poll with lots of input. Thanks to all who voted and posted. The decision has been made to have this year's get together on Friday, April 20, 2012. It will be in Cebu. It will be a supper time meet up for singles and couples, which means leaving little ones at home but we are not setting an age limit. If, for example, your wife's 17 year old sister wants to come then bring her along.The place is not yet arranged but we, ancienrocka and myself, are considering taking the advice of our member who suggested the Canvas Bistro on the Terrace at Ayala Mall. Then we are considering moving to the Red Box private karaoke rooms, for those who want to sing. Anything beyond that would be up to individuals to plan. This would be a 'pay your own way' event and we believe it can be done with a minimum budget of 500 pesos per person, if you are careful. It never hurts to bring a little extra.Now we need to know how many would come. Please reply to this thread to let us know if you will attend and how many will be in your party. There is no cancellation fee at this early date so don't worry about saying you will attend and then having to change your mind. Once we make a reservation, then we will ask you to confirm.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just a note for new members. This is definitely NOT a get together for the 'old boys club'. We long term residents know each other well enough to get together any time. This is a great opportunity for people who don't get here too often or for new arrivals to get to know some of the long term residents and vice versa.So all are welcome. Even those that join the forum in the next month are welcome so if you are reading this: Come on down. Again, it would be nice to know how many are coming but if you hate to make commitments (then the Philippines is the place for you) um . . I mean if you do not like to commit to being there, then give us a maybe or just show up and take your chance that we can find you a seat :AddEmoticons04230:

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Marie and I will be there. Also, how you thought of Wombats Cafe?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Wombats Cafe
We did not consider Wombat's Womb because its on Mactan and we are trying to keep it in a location that out of towners (like me) can get to easy. Most of us from out of town will be staying at a central location. Which reminds me, if anyone else is coming in from out of town you could drop me a message. If we end up staying in the same area we could share a taxi. Edited by Dave Hounddriver

P.S.
Posted
Posted

2 weeks to early guys.It's a pity maybe next time.

Curley
Posted
Posted

Too early for me too. :AddEmoticons04230:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Same here.... There is just no way I could swim to Cebu by then... :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So far that should make 6 members attending, should be a cheap night out. Just buy one prawn cocktail and share. Come on guys, last year I think there was about 60 that attended. :) :540:Here is some of the planned line up for the night, so I hear!Paul Whiteway will sing my way his way.Dave Hounddriver is going to do a short strip tease.Lordblacknail will be changing his hair to a blue color just like your mum once was proud of.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So far that should make 6 members attending
What about some of the ladies that attended last year, Jolly? Not sure if they read this forum or if they were invited by members but they are sure welcome to come. That Red Box sounds like a great place to sing, after the meal and gossip of course.Anyway, pass the message on if you have their emails.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So far that should make 6 members attending
What about some of the ladies that attended last year, Jolly? Not sure if they read this forum or if they were invited by members but they are sure welcome to come. That Red Box sounds like a great place to sing, after the meal and gossip of course.Anyway, pass the message on if you have their emails.
You mean these lady'spost-1-0-11226300-1332675088_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2