I Guess I Was Wrong, But We All Know How The News Lies :)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So it seems crime is going down, while it is the highest crime in the area. :hystery: :nudie: Cebu City tops CV crimes listTHE Police Regional Office (PRO) 7’s crime statistics showed that Cebu City posted the highest number of crimes in Central Visayas with 1,137 cases in the past two months.Senior Supt. Mariano Natuel said yesterday the numbers showed a drop of 139 cases compared to the same period last year that had 1,276 cases.Based on the current crime statistics, at least 18 crimes occurred in Cebu City every day.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm .... wonder if that could be because Cebu City is the largest city in Central Visayas ?????????????????

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hummmmmm .... wonder if that could be because Cebu City is the largest city in Central Visayas ?????????????????
Agreed, I said I was wrong, 18 crimes a day out of almost a million people is not bad odds.
  • Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Those are reported crimes...... I wonder what the true figures are?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I would imagine that the percentage of reported v non-reported would be similar from city to city. So the stats are still fairly accurate - in relation. I hope...

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Now I know that the largest, most populous city in the region "posted the highest number of crimes" and "at least 18 crimes occurred in Cebu City every day". I was going to start subscribing to this paper again but after reading this article I decided not to bother. Thanks.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I would dare to say 18 crimes a day occur in our brgy alone ..... maybe not the violent ones like rape ... murder and car jacking .... but snatching .... theft and other such stuff and lots as in the US are never reported to the police and they intern don't report them to the media ...... unless of course a foreigner farts in Chow King and then it makes the headlines ..... :hystery: :hystery: ..... headlines in local paper ........" FOREIGNER RELEASES DEADLY GAS ..... SEVERAL LOCALS SUCCUMB TO HIS DISASTERLY DEED ....... DEPORTATION TO FOLLOW"

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

From the report.Different crimesOf the total cases, 2,525 incidents were considered index crimes and 1,179 were non-index.Index crimes are those committed against persons and properties, while non-index crimes are violations of special laws, such as those on illegal drugs, gambling and loose firearms.Theft, robbery, physical injuries, murder and carnapping remain the most commonly committed index crimes in the region.From January to February this year, the region tallied the following index crimes: theft with 1,176 cases, robbery (608), physical injury (436), murder (106), andcarnapping (91).Last year, the following index crimes were recorded: theft with 1,344 cases, robbery (801), physical injury (604), murder cases (119), and carnapping (98).There were 50 homicide cases compared to last year’s 58, and cattle rustling dropped to four cases from last year’s 12.However, rape cases in the past two months rose to 50 cases, three incidents more than last year’s 47.Last year, the following index crimes were recorded: theft with 1,344 cases, robbery (801), physical injury (604), murder cases (119), and carnapping (98).There were 50 homicide cases compared to last year’s 58, and cattle rustling dropped to four cases from last year’s 12.However, rape cases in the past two months rose to 50 cases, three incidents more than last year’s 47.

• Like 1