Cathay Pacific - Brief Rant & A Question

samatm
Posted
Posted

Thats boring stuff what about the reunion in Chitown ?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Reunion is ongoing! Details later! :cheers:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Off topic from my original post but oh well!

I have not been very active here because my sweetheart has been here for the last month and we have been very, very busy! She left yesterday and should be landing in MNL in about an hour. I miss her very much!

She worked so hard while she was here, helping me get my house ready to sell. She cooked for me, she cleaned every detail, she did my laundry and she helped me with all the house projects. If I tried to stop her from doing some of these things I was always scolded! Her help freed me up to do other things and the house looks spectacular! We had a lot of fun having a garage sale and her sparkling smile helped sell a lot of items!

I know, that does not sound very romantic but there was plenty of romance too! I do feel badly because we did not take much time to do fun things, but we hope the hard work will pay off and allow me to get over there ASAP.

We did have a nice stay in Chicago. It was very cold the first day and of course she was freezing! It warmed up later and we had some nice weather to see some of the sights. I do like Chicago a lot, when the weather is nice. I'm not sure I would like to winter there.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have not been very active here because my sweetheart has been here for the last month and we have been very, very busy! She left yesterday and should be landing in MNL in about an hour. I miss her very much!

She worked so hard while she was here, helping me get my house ready to sell. She cooked for me, she cleaned every detail, she did my laundry and she helped me with all the house projects. If I tried to stop her from doing some of these things I was always scolded! Her help freed me up to do other things and the house looks spectacular! We had a lot of fun having a garage sale and her sparkling smile helped sell a lot of items!

I know, that does not sound very romantic but there was plenty of romance too! I do feel badly because we did not take much time to do fun things, but we hope the hard work will pay off and allow me to get over there ASAP.

We did have a nice stay in Chicago. It was very cold the first day and of course she was freezing! It warmed up later and we had some nice weather to see some of the sights. I do like Chicago a lot, when the weather is nice. I'm not sure I would like to winter there.

Great to hear that all went well and also its no crime to not get everything done as plenty of time for those romantic times like when she is mowing the lawn. :mocking:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Great to hear that all went well and also its no crime to not get everything done as plenty of time for those romantic times like when she is mowing the lawn. :mocking:

Hello On My Way,

Hmmm -- eating carpet comes to mind.....he, he.

My first time ever exposed to ice and snow was during my boot camp and technical training days

up in Great Lakes, north of Chicago. This old southern CA boy did not know anything about

wind chill factor but I quickly found out when standing at attention out on the grinder, waiting for

our 5AM breakfast. The order was given: nuts to butts in close formation but the wind was bone

chilling. It was torture!

I'm sure you were well on your way to warm up your lovely companion. We appreciate your story

of yet another successful reunion of the heart and soul.

Dang, I really miss Chicago style pizza.........

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
My first time ever exposed to ice and snow was during my boot camp and technical training days up in Great Lakes, north of Chicago. This old southern CA boy did not know anything about wind chill factor but I quickly found out when standing at attention out on the grinder, waiting for our 5AM breakfast. The order was given: nuts to butts in close formation but the wind was bone chilling. It was torture!

Growing up in northern Illinois, when I joined the USN in January I told the recruiter the only way I would join is if they sent me to boot camp in Florida. I did end up spending 2 months after boot camp at Great Lakes for my A school. Then I moved on to San Diego for 4 months on an LPD out at the 32nd Street Pier.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Hmmm -- eating carpet comes to mind.....he, he.

Jake, Jake, Jake! You never cease to amaze! :dance:

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update ;) . So whats the plan? Sell the house and get over to Cebu ? Did she come over on fiance visa? Why did she have to return so soon? I ask this not be nosy, but your experience might benefit a lot of readers in the same boat?

samatm
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update ;) Sounds like you have a 'keeper" . Now whats the plan? ARe you going to sell the house and move to Cebu? Did she come over on a fiance visa? Why did she have to go back so soon? Not to be nosy but your experience might shed light to readers in the same boat.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the update ;) Sounds like you have a 'keeper" . Now whats the plan? ARe you going to sell the house and move to Cebu? Did she come over on a fiance visa? Why did she have to go back so soon? Not to be nosy but your experience might shed light to readers in the same boat.

Yes, selling the house this summer. Photographer comes Monday and it should be on the MLS by the end of the week. I am definitely going to take a hit on the house! So be it. At this point if I get any cash out I will be happy.

Not sure where we will settle yet. We are going to look around for a year or two, and I will be in the Manila area for that time.

Abby has a B1/B2 business/tourist visa so she was able to come over. If her daughter had been able to come, she might have stayed longer, but the getting a visa for a little one is not easy and there was no time, and her daughter's summer vacation ends next Monday. Her daughter had a fun summer break at her aunt's house, playing with her cousins. Skype was our friend and we were on camera twice a day with her daughter.

• Like 4