Lto To Implement Stiffer Penalties

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Could this just be another white man tax??? Exats can expect to get pulled over more often. LTO to implement stiffer penaltieshttp://www.sunstar.com.ph/network/lto-impl...iffer-penaltiesDriving under the influence of liquor now costs the erring driver P5,000 plus a two-month suspension of his driver

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Could this just be another white man tax??? Exats can expect to get pulled over more often. LTO to implement stiffer penaltieshttp://www.sunstar.com.ph/network/lto-impl...iffer-penaltiesDriving under the influence of liquor now costs the erring driver P5,000 plus a two-month suspension of his driver's license.driving without license, P1,500;driving with an expired license, P400; failure to carry a license, P200; possessing a fake driver's license, P2,000; conviction of a crime using a motor vehicle, P3,000;and hiring unlicensed conductor of a motor vehicle for hire, P200.Other ratesFor operating or driving an unregistered or improperly registered, a P2,000 fine will be imposed on the driver if he uses the vehicle without the knowledge and consent of the owner.
I don't think it would increase the number of foreigners pulled over as many of these laws would not be broken by a foreigner so there would be no point. In some ways its good to see that the laws are being enforced.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I guess the Boss is correct and Kanos may be safeDespite higher fines, many still violate traffic ruleshttp://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...bCategoryId=107The fine for stopping at

• 9 months later...
FlyAway
Posted
Posted
driving without license, P1,500; failure to carry a license, P200;
This is a 9 month old post but it reminded me of the experience of renting a self driven car in Davao.The rental car company wanted to hold my passport, my wife's passport and both our California Drivers license as collateral for the car. When I asked how we could legally drive the car without the license, a blank stare and look of confusion was on his face. After about 20 minutes of him talking back and forth with me and to the main office it was agreed we keep the license.There was no way we were taking possession of that car with no legal way to drive it. Funny how it also came with a red light showing on the fuel gauge. Company policy, return it near empty as you received it.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Problem is though they generally have a crack down with any new rules and then quickly followed by things going back to normal. I dont think the rules will make that much difference as the original laws are not enforced. Its nothing to do with the amount of Pesos but lack of enforcers. Also its more likely to happen in provincial areas how often do you see anyone pulling people over for checks once you leave the cities? In Minglanilla I havent seen it happen once. Only time any action was done was after robberies by motorcycle riders and that was done about 8miles away near Giasano Fiesta.

Matt
Posted
Posted

I have seen roadblocks in place right down here in Dalaguete, also in Argao, but never have i been pulled over, they usually concentrate on locals, as they are more likely to have something not quite right with their vehicles. I have also heard the same from other ex pats living this way, that when they go through they are usually waved through with no problems. Most of us here do not wear helmets when going short distances, as does most of the population. I think they are more concerned about registration of the vehicles as that is a revenue for the government and also your driving license again another revenue. As we ex pats are likly to have both, then we dont really get bothered by the road blocks. Well this is my experince anyway.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Just don't drive. Avoid some of the stress in your life..

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Wearing of helmets for motorbikes.... Going onto the University of Southern Mindanao campus, there is a sign at the gate prohibiting the wearing of helmets.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Wearing of helmets for motorbikes.... Going onto the University of Southern Mindanao campus, there is a sign at the gate prohibiting the wearing of helmets.
That is a safety issue because they want to see the faces of those who drive in because of all the people on bikes who do drive by shootings. :SugarwareZ-037:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
That is a safety issue because they want to see the faces of those who drive in because of all the people on bikes who do drive by shootings. :SugarwareZ-034:
lol,its a safety issue on the other side of the gate as well. The idea of a helmet is to protect your head in an accident therefor a safety issue. Yes I know what you are saying.:SugarwareZ-037: