Hitman over Pacman?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Manny Pacquiao
    • Ricky Hatton

Steve
Posted
Posted
SOURCE: http://businessmirror.com.ph/index.php?opt...s&Itemid=65RICKY HATTON vowed he would have the last laugh on May 2 when he takes on flamboyant Filipino southpaw Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.The British slugger said that during a recent vacation when he ran into several Filipino fans who laughed at him for setting up a bout with Pacquiao.But the 30-year-old Mancunian is certain he is unbeatable at super lightweight and that it is Pacquiao who will end up on the losing side.

retired
Posted
Posted
SOURCE: http://businessmirror.com.ph/index.php?opt...s&Itemid=65RICKY HATTON vowed he would have the last laugh on May 2 when he takes on flamboyant Filipino southpaw Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.The British slugger said that during a recent vacation when he ran into several Filipino fans who laughed at him for setting up a bout with Pacquiao.But the 30-year-old Mancunian is certain he is unbeatable at super lightweight and that it is Pacquiao who will end up on the losing side."When I went on holiday there was a load of Filipino waiters who laughed at me because they think I have no chance. They won't be laughing next year when I go back on the boat. I won't be second best again when I challenge for [the] world pound-for-pound title," Hatton said on Saturday at a pub in Manchester where he played 501 darts with the Filipino lefty."I've never been beaten at 10 stone [140 lb]. This is my weight. This is where I do best. I promise all my fans I'll win for Manchester!" said Hatton, who suffered his only loss two years ago at the hands of Floyd Mayweather Jr. at welterweight."On May 2 I'll be the new pound-for-pound king."The two fighters met at the Trafford Centre in Manchester, England, on Saturday, for the first stop of the promotional tour for the fight, dubbed "The East vs. The West." Pacquiao will tour London on Sunday and will rejoin Hatton in a press conference on Monday at the Imperial War Museum.About 6,000 fans turned out at the Trafford Centre. According to Stuart Brennan of the Manchester Evening News, around 200 Pacquiao fans attended the event, including a delegation from the Philippine Embassy in London."For the first time in a long time, Manny is going to fight someone who is fast and will pressurize him," Hatton said."I'm going to put pressure on him and with my better defense, hand speed and longer time training under Floyd [Mayweather] Sr., I am confident.""This is a fight between two nice men but there is nothing nice about either me or Manny when we get inside the ring. We're both aggressive but where some other fighters have been worried about him, he certainly won't worry me."Hatton won the friendly darts match in 16 throws, nailing a double two to seal the victory to the delight of the local fans."I'm sure I'll even perform better with the gloves than the darts. We were so slow I thought Manny might miss his flight back home," said Hatton, who gave Pacquiao a Manchester City jersey.Pacquiao, meanwhile, was all business as he promoted the fight and was dressed in a suit and tie and delivering some lines."This fight will be a great challenge because Ricky is a great fighter. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime fight, the kind you only see once in boxing history," said Pacquiao."My dream was to come here to England and it has come true. I also have the desire to take the light-welterweight title, and it's a big honor to be in another fight which the fans want to see. Hatton's style is very good, he's strong, and for me it will be a big fight and a crowd pleaser," he added."There is always pressure on me when I fight. I can handle it. Millions of people look to me to win. I have to go out and give everything."He also revealed to the British press his intention of running for public office in the Philippines."Every time I fight, I have to win because millions of Filipinos are hoping for victory. Every time I go home, after my fights, I do activities to help the people, and that's a part of my political career. It is incredibly hard to be a politician and popular, but that is to my advantage in running for office," Pacquiao told the Sunday Telegraph.The trainers also had a few words, with Mayweather apparently getting irked when Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach was introduced as "the greatest.""If anybody thinks Freddie 'the Joke' Roach can outtrain me, they have to be sick."He also showed Pacquiao, who also works as an entertainer in the Philippines, that he could also rhyme."When he [Pacquiao] beat the world legend Oscar de la Hoya, he was over the hill, now it's time for you to swallow the same old pill...."When it comes Manny, then you had better be ready, because I don't want you to blame it on Freddie."Roach simply responded: "It's a shame Floyd senior isn't in the Hall of Fame."IN PHOTO -- RICKY HATTON (left) says he will have the last laugh in his fight with Manny Pacquiao. PHOTO COURTESY OF GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS
I have never seen a Hatton fight on the tube so i have no idea how good he is . All i know is what i read that he fights alot like Pacquiao so it should be interesting . Has anyone else ever seen a Hatton Match ?

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

This is d