Gun Ownership In The Philippines

Markham
Posted
Posted
Alternatively, James and the two Matt's (on "another forum") regularly go to play Air soft (Mandaue).
Thanks for the info Mark, I guess I will not be moving here full time until or if the laws change. Moving has been my wife's idea and I was just trying to make her happy. Filipinos who live in the states can own guns and if it is not reciprocal, then I can spend my money in the states and just spend a month or two a year here.
I could be wrong but I don't believe it is true since rights accorded by the US Constitution only apply to US Citizens, not to "aliens". Be that as it may, life is seldom fair and countries often don't reciprocate right for right. For example, you and I can come to the Philippines whenever we wish without having to apply for a visa, whereas a Filipino who can afford the travel still has to apply for a visa to come to our two countries.Mark

brock
Posted
Posted

Most crimes commited in the UK are by foreigners

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
Crime rates increase when law-abiding citizens are unable to protect themselves. Firearms prohibition and restrictions only benefit criminals.
Mike, if you follow the links John Rainey and I posted above (#13 and #14), you'll see that your assertion is is not borne out by the facts. Lee's rather unsuccessful attempt to prove his case by quoting figures provided elsewhere by John which would suggest the opposite, is disingenuous since they are the total crime figures which include all forms of non-violent crime. If your response to this is that gun-ownership reduces crimes like corporate fraud, then I simply wouldnt believe you - Madeoff is an American, no?! :) Mark
And if some p#ssed off investor shoots him that will make the others think twice about trying it. :thumbsup: :D :th_grouphug: Edited by tom_shor

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
The fact is that the UK is has more crime and is therefore more dangerous than the US with all its guns.
You're assuming - wrongly - that all crime is by its very nature violent and involves guns, knives and other offensively-used weapons. One of the most common (reported) crimes is shop-lifting, a big problem in London and often carried-out by female non-British nationals. 99.9999% of all shop-liftings are completely non-violent. Fraud, tax evasion, using a mobile phone whilst driving, money-laundering, prostitution, photographing sensitive sites and driving a car at 100 miles per hour are all reportable offences - crimes - but none of them is in any way violent nor do they make the UK a less safe place than the US. I did speak with a lawyer friend who told me that you won't be able to bring your own firearms here as you won't be granted the permits and import licences. He added that, in his view, it is not wise for any foreigner to have a firearm in his home. He suggested that you check-out the range in Mactan. Alternatively, James and the two Matts (on "another forum") regularly go to play Airsoft (Mandaue?).
If the guy doing 100 runs over you that would be pretty violent. :th_grouphug: And if you have a lot of people driving 100 I wouldn't consider that safe. especially on those narrow rural roads.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
You can't change American tradition:11.jpg
Oh! I didn't realise it was an American custom to walk around the Arizona desert wearing suspenders looking for a horse to rustle! :D :th_grouphug:
Well with a gun at least he can get one. :) :thumbsup:

Mik
Posted
Posted
Oh! I didn't realise it was an American custom to walk around the Arizona desert wearing suspenders looking for a horse to rustle! :lol: :rolleyes:
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow." John Wayne

Markham
Posted
Posted
Oh! I didn't realise it was an American custom to walk around the Arizona desert wearing suspenders looking for a horse to rustle! :lol: :rolleyes:
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow." John Wayne
He also said "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Oh! I didn't realise it was an American custom to walk around the Arizona desert wearing suspenders looking for a horse to rustle! :) :rolleyes:
Like being in the middle of the desert without a horse. :lol:

Markham
Posted
Posted
Oh! I didn't realise it was an American custom to walk around the Arizona desert wearing suspenders looking for a horse to rustle! :) :rolleyes:
Like being in the middle of the desert without a horse. :lol:
Ah, there's a reason for that. His horse noticed he was wearing suspenders and bolted. No self-respecting horse is going to carry someone dressed like that into town - he'd be laughed out of the livery by all the other horses! :D

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmm ... never could understand why someone would wear suspenders and a belt ........ maybe just being doubly cautious ......... but I can honestly say I never lost my pants to date ...... unless I wanted to ....... hahahahaha