What Do You Do?

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

What is the RAO and where is it? Inquiring minds want to know.

RAO stands for Retired activities office. It is a volunteer office sanctioned by military for veterans retired from military. It is staffed 5 days a week by a cute filipina who is very helpful. Sometimes the RAO president will be there or some other guys hanging out. Perhaps a veteran who is not retired from military could get help there also with forms, advice ect. They do great work helping vets widows with benefits. There is an annual fee to be a member. There are mailing priveleges that come with membership. There are several in Philippines in Major cities.

The one in cebu is in Sungold building right across the street from SM mall. Go in service entrance (garage door) on side of bldg. and take elevator to second froor. Ask guard if you have trouble finding elevator. They are a great bunch of guys. Most with many years in Philippines and families here. Went to their thanksgiving feast last 2 years for great turkey and entertainment. As well as the annual meeting for the last couple years.

They have a fb page and a website. If you have trouble with search for them let me know.

Edited by jode
  • Like 3

jode
Posted
Posted

What is the RAO and where is it? Inquiring minds want to know.

RAO stands for Retired activities office. It is a volunteer office sanctioned by military for veterans retired from military. It is staffed 5 days a week by a cute filipina who is very helpful. Sometimes the RAO president will be there or some other guys hanging out. Perhaps a veteran who is not retired from military could get help there also with forms, advice ect. They do great work helping vets widows with benefits. There is an annual fee to be a member. There are mailing priveleges that come with membership. There are several in Philippines in Major cities.

The one in cebu is in Sungold building right across the street from SM mall. Go in service entrance (garage door) on side of bldg. and take elevator to second froor. Ask guard if you have trouble finding elevator. They are a great bunch of guys. Most with many years in Philippines and families here. Went to their thanksgiving feast last 2 years for great turkey and entertainment. As well as the annual meeting for the last couple years.

They have a fb page and a website. If you have trouble with search for them let me know.

After checking their website www.RAOCEBU.org I see that the office is actually in the Crown bldg.behind the Sungold Bldg. Just paid my annual membership fee using Paypall from their website. It isn't cheap and I don't know if I will get 6000 pesos worth of use out of them but its a good organization so I will support them and their expenses to keep office open and continue their good work.
  • Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Drug companies practice "local market pricing," meaning they adjust prices for the same medication depending on the country's economic level.

I've heard this argument before but i don't buy it.

Have a look at how much insulin costs in the Philippines.................it's scary!