For Jake And Mikes

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Here the video of my gaming & computer set up i just show you all what i have and some of the fps i get in games and also some temps i will put a description here as well as the hardware i have in my computer , hahaha try not to salivate too much jake hahaha !!!

computer specs:

i5 2500k not over clocked but turbo busted to 4.6 mgz

asrock z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3

16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Ram

Asus Gtx 560 ti direct cu 1 gig

dedicated Phisx card gtx 285 1200 mb

1 tb caviar black 7200 rpm Hard Drive

80 gig seagate Hard Drive

Lg Blue ray Burner

Corsair H60 Cpu Water Cooler

Corsair Obsidian 650d case

OCZ 1000w Modular Psu

steelseries Merc Keyboard

Cyborg Rat 3 3200 dpi Mouse

Ch Flight Sim Yoke

and a simple logitec PlayStation style controller for camera views in fsx and for flying choppers and jets in battlefield 3

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Here the video of my gaming & computer set up i just show you all what i have and some of the fps i get in games and also some temps i will put a description here as well as the hardware i have in my computer , hahaha try not to salivate too much jake hahaha !!!

computer specs:

i5 2500k not over clocked but turbo busted to 4.6 mgz

asrock z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3

16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Ram

Asus Gtx 560 ti direct cu 1 gig

dedicated Phisx card gtx 285 1200 mb

1 tb caviar black 7200 rpm Hard Drive

80 gig seagate Hard Drive

Lg Blue ray Burner

Corsair H60 Cpu Water Cooler

Corsair Obsidian 650d case

OCZ 1000w Modular Psu

steelseries Merc Keyboard

Cyborg Rat 3 3200 dpi Mouse

Ch Flight Sim Yoke

and a simple logitec PlayStation style controller for camera views in fsx and for flying choppers and jets in battlefield 3

Hey O-U-C,

SWEET! As in brown sugar sweet! Your tower is like a giant borg cube with all kinds of room. Dang, I could probably

use it as my dog house. With two GTX video cards linked together, your graphics are awesome!

Salivating -- Jake

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Resistance is Futile LOL did you see my 42" samsung as my monitor hahaha and my suround sound speakers hanging on the wall LOL i did have a 22 " b4 and this monitor hooked up at the same time but my 22 " died on me and i said to myself why bother buying another one the big screen is just fine so i slapped it on my computer desk LOL imagine putting wiper blades on that screen jake hahahaha LOL

O-U-C

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Resistance is Futile LOL did you see my 42" samsung as my monitor hahaha and my suround sound speakers hanging on the wall LOL i did have a 22 " b4 and this monitor hooked up at the same time but my 22 " died on me and i said to myself why bother buying another one the big screen is just fine so i slapped it on my computer desk LOL imagine putting wiper blades on that screen jake hahahaha LOL

O-U-C

No doubt you could upgrade your video presentation to 3D. Your audio system is already surround sound

so I could imagine some 3D adult videos will keep your LCD wipers very busy.....he, he.

By the way, most problems with LCD panels "dying" are caused by blown electrolytic caps on the P/S board.

Open and inspect (they're obvious to the casual observer) and use a 40W soldering iron to replace them.

Having two LCD panels together will definitely enhance any centerfold. Oooh yeah.......

PS -- PM me for further assistance. We could troubleshoot over the phone and will only charge you two

cases of San Magoo.....he, he.

Edited by Jake
added more comments
  • Like 3

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

yeah maybe i will look into it at a later date its not too important right now coz my old 22 " wasnt that good and besides leds now are so cheap i cant buy a new one for $ 140 cdn even in the philippines i seen a 24 " lg led for 9000 pesos i kind of got use to this 42 " in front of me i feel like im at the movies when im sitting in my computer chair i cant imagine squinting at a 22 " screen again hahaha i think i'll put 2 wipers blades on this screen because its like im looking out of the car window anyway hahahaha :P

O-U-C

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

WOW OCU ...... that is one awesome set up ..... and i thought mine was hot ...... how do you like that water cooled cpu cooler ..... I think it would be ideal here in the Phils as it gets so hot especially in the summer and I don't run aircon ..... but my box exhaust runs about 35c so that ain't to bad ..... that is the only thing I miss about leaving the US .... the land of the computer gadgets .... especially when the companies like New Egg and Tiger Direct have their sales ..... makes me drool every time I get their adds in my email ....

By the way I don't recognize that shoot'em up in your video ..... what is it ?..... may have played it but after so many they all seem to run together ..... :hystery: .... just got done with Mass Effect 3 (kinda disappointed ... only allows you 1 relationship and no sexy dancing) and had to replay Assassin's Creed Revelation after a power glitch that my UPS didn't pick up wiped out all my saved games .... by years end the are supposed to release a new Far Cry ver. 3 and a new Assassin's Creed taken place in the Revolutionary War in the US .... that should be interesting as not to many games tackle that time period ..... and I am an Assassin's Creed fan ... :dance:

I know I don't have to tell you to enjoy your system as it is quite obvious you will ..... :mocking:

• Like 3

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

well the water block cooler it great as u see near the end of the video of the temperatures it was at 4.6 mhz and was running around 66c to 75c at %100 load of the core 4 cores of the i5 and it still had around 20c more b4 it would fry my cpu so i probably push the cpu up to 5 mhz which would be about a %100 boost in the cpu but i paid $250 for the cpu im not going to fry it yet hahaha , but as it goes for that water block i would recommend it its a great after market cooler and its cheap too i paid $60 cdn for it , the fps game i had on there was BATTLEFIELD 3 i was running that in high settings and i was getting 60-80 fps , i dont play too many mmo games like assassin's creed but i have a few friends that do and they love it , i hear sky-rim is great too , im kind of waiting for the new medal of honor to come out , i wanted call of duty mw3 but since i got into battlefield theres nothing that can compare to it !!!! we have a great store here in canada called canada computer thats where i buy most of my stuff sometimes i think they know when i walk in the door im going to buy something and they say to themselfs cha ching hahaha

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
we have a great store here in canada called canada computer thats where i buy most of my stuff sometimes i think they know when i walk in the door im going to buy something anthey say to themselfs cha ching hahaha

Haha! How times have changed! I was managing a factorydirect.ca a few years ago when they carried all the good stuff (before the diapers and kraft dinner days) and the local Canada Computers was using folding plywood tables to display their minimal stock! I won't go into a fd anymore and I would go to CC if I needed anything decent... Unfortunately my main machine nowadays is an Acer ASPIRE one... Ouch! Still got my 4 backups for tech testing though!

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You know one of my favorite games of all times is the Half-Life sagas ..... I wish they would make more of them but they flat said there would be no more ..... and they kept their word .....

Ahhhhhhh ..... OK .... Battlefield lll ...... just didn't recognize that particular scene ..... old age you know ..... :hystery: :hystery: ....... maybe next year when I have some friends coming back over here from the US .... I'll see what is available in the way of water coolers ...... does sound strange .... putting anything with water inside an electrical cabinet ...... :mocking: ..... hummmmm ... come to think of it my brother-in-law is working in Canada and sends BB boxes home all the time .... may get him to pick me up one ..... does that store have a website that I can order from ????????

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i only discovered there store a year or so ago so i dont know what they were like years ago but i know now for price there so much better then tiger direct or ncix or even newegg i probably saved $100 for this computer just by shopping there i know thats not allot of $ but $100 in my pocket is better then in somebody's LOL as it goes for spare computers i have enough to build a older style system as a back up better to have a back up then nothing at all right my friend !!! nothing wrong with your computer acer are great i have a acer laptop that has lasted for year never let me down yet !!! the main reason why i got this one was for video editing ,gaming ,entertainment , and maybe a business machine the 42 " screen really started out as joke but hey it works so i use it as my main monitor hahaha

• Like 2