For Jake And Mikes

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir ..... I finally got to review your video ...... excellent job ... that is sure some rugged landscape ...... any idea where it is or did you just make it up ... I would really hate to see an aircraft go down anywhere there as rescue would be just about nil ...... but then I guess not to many survive anyway so I guess the point is moot ...... :hystery: :hystery: and way fine job young man and keep the good work ..... oh by the way ..... I HATE TO FLY ..... when I was in the service I used to love to fly and would just take a military hop anywhere my 3 day pass would allow me ..... and with my clearance I had when I was stationed at Naval Security Station in DC I got to ride on a lot of stuff other guys couldn't .... years later I suddenly developed a huge dislike for the big bird ...... and after my last ride to here I've hung up my gloves ..... well unless the asawa has something else in mind for me ..... :bash: :mocking:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

.....when I was in the service I used to love to fly and would just take a military hop anywhere my 3 day pass would allow me ..... and with my clearance I had when I was stationed at Naval Security Station in DC I got to ride on a lot of stuff other guys couldn't .... years later I suddenly developed a huge dislike for the big bird ...... and after my last ride to here I've hung up my gloves ..... well unless the asawa has something else in mind for me ..... :bash: :mocking:

I did some research on the Naval Security Station and I would assume you either was a cryptographic analyst or you rode

shot gun to protect those spooks. I also worked on secured communications equipment normally installed on naval ships.

Weird electronics and thank god they're all outdated now, just like me.....he, he.

When I was stationed at Mayport, Florida, I would make lobster runs on weekends on a P-3C (four prop submarine hunter)

from NAS Jacksonville to NAS Brunswick, Maine. It was a good thing I brought along a couple barf bags -- almost ralphed

it on one of the radar consoles.

Don't hang up your gloves yet......as an international travel agent (my office is located in Nigeria), I would like to offer you

and your asawa a round trip ticket at super discounted price. Perhaps you would like to renew your membership to the

Mile High Club......he, he.

• Like 3

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
Thank you sir ..... I finally got to review your video ...... excellent job ... that is sure some rugged landscape ...... any idea where it is or did you just make it up ...

Hi Mike that scenery was a flight i did from seattle to vancouver it was maybe 30-40 km's from vancouver and yes it was flight sim x but its addon scenery that i have for the game i want to do a video sometime flying over mt st helens because in this addon scenery it was beautiful maybe this weekend i will try to make a video of it !!

O-U-C

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Latest video !!! cockpit view 737-800 if you can guess what airport i will buy you a 6 pack of san magoo's :) dont cheat and look at description on my channel , and by the way guys on working on a video for all the aussies and also for jake for the carriers it just take so much time to render the vids and put it all to gether please bare with me ok !! thanks enjoy the vid any comments good or bad i welcome them !!!

http://youtu.be/uah7GD2z44Q

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I haven't the faintest idea where that landing was made. But it was another good touch down -- nice and smooth.

Next time (and this is a special request), would you please record another landing that wasn't nice and smooth.

For example, can you purposely land inverted or move the flight controls like you're under the influence....he, he.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

ok i will give you a hint its in the pacific northwest one of the 3 major states there not too far from mt st Helen's

would you please record another landing that wasn't nice and smooth. For example, can you purposely land inverted or move the flight controls like you're under the influence....he, he.

jake it was an ils landing FULL AUTO PIlot the plane landed itself look at my vid landing in vancouver i was DRUNK landing it then but i will work on ur request hahaha

O-U-C

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

ok i will give you a hint its in the pacific northwest one of the 3 major states there not too far from mt st Helen's

would you please record another landing that wasn't nice and smooth. For example, can you purposely land inverted or move the flight controls like you're under the influence....he, he.

jake it was an ils landing FULL AUTO PIlot the plane landed itself look at my vid landing in vancouver i was DRUNK landing it then but i will work on ur request hahaha

O-U-C

I know AP can fly it but I thought it took a human to take off or land.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
I know AP can fly it but I thought it took a human to take off or land.

well to land not really but too take off yes hahaha havent you seen the movie airplane ??? hahaha other then programing the fmc these planes today basically fly them self today anyway im no pilot im just a sim pilot hahaha im sure the virtual passengers happy about that hahaha

O-U-C

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

O-U-C

While I was still in the navy, I was offered to go to an advanced training for the CCA radar system (carrier control approach)

but refused because it meant another 3 years of sea duty on a Nimitz class carrier. The nick name for this system was called

"dead stick" approach whenever a pilot is incapacitated (wounded or suffering from vertigo).

Most of my tours of duty was on board frigates and missile cruisers. My watch station on board was called CIC WO --

combat information center watch officer, but CIC really meant, Christ, I'm Confused.....he, he. Below was my station on board

an FFG class frigate. That radar console (center) required me to stand for 4-5 hours, while everyone else had a nice cushy

seat.....stupid me.

post-686-0-65319600-1336363706_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

When I was still in Avionics, my job was to work with the computers that would do those landings... as well as all the rest of the flying. And, yes, there are aircraft that can take off by themselves as well! Push the button to go and the next thing you do is push another button so you can taxi to the ramp. Being a pilot these days is such hard work!

:mocking:

• Like 2