Shipping With Lbc

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Interesting .... used to be that you could send stuff through LBC ... no problem .... now that has changed ever sense they got caught when someone was shipping drugs ...... now they open and examine all packages and will not allow any watches (no matter how cheap) and if you are sending more than one cell phone (used or not) you have to send each one separately ..... talk about greedy ..... must be trying to make up for their failed bank ..... they wanted 250p to send each cellphone ..... that is almost as much as one of the cell phones cost new ..... 500p

Not sure of any other option except of course the good ol' Phil Post ..... and we all know what happens to packages there .....

The funniest thing about the package with the drugs in it is that the LBC employees and cops were so excited about getting their names and pictures on the news is they called the news people first and opened the package for them and were posing for "picture picture" instead of waiting to see who would retrieve the package and busting them ..... duh ..... so now they have a package of drugs ... some nice "picture picture" but no suspects ..... yup ..... welcome to the modern age ..... not .......

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just an update to my post above ..... when she got back she told me they wanted to ship each phone separately and also we were sending a used webcam and headset which they also wanted to ship separately ..... so that would have been 780p and we still couldn't ship the el cheapo watches ..... that is almost a one-way plane ticket during CP's promo sales ..... so I could have sent her there in person to deliver them ...... :hystery: :hystery: ...... course I would have had to pay to bring her back .... :mocking:

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

im a bit confused here mike ............ is this shipping from within PI or from PI to another country????????

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

With-in the PI ...... to be exact from Cebu to Bacolod .... they want ALL electronic items shipped separately but i have heard from others that this is not new with cell phones just I have never shipped a cell phone before through them ..... and I might add I didn't and I won't ..... :hystery: :hystery: .... kinda like with their policy on cash .... can't send it with your package ... must send it by their remittance procedure ..... not talking about 1000's of pesos here talking about 20p to 100p ..... needed to send 40p once to cover some postage and was told that I couldn't send it in the letter had to send it separate .....

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

How much was your bribe... Oops! I meant donation to send the 40p?

:mocking:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
can't send it with your package ... must send it by their remittance procedure ..... not talking about 1000's of pesos here talking about 20p to 100p ..... needed to send 40p once to cover some postage and was told that I couldn't send it in the letter had to send it separate .....

I think that is a reasonable policy for the obvious reasons, I mean to use a remittance rather than be yelling at the other end, where the hell is the cash that was meant to be in the package.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Air 21, :attention: JRS express

this is another service thats available, althou it doesnt have as many offices as LBC

there is an Alternative, You do have Another Choice.

http://www.air21.com.ph/main/index.php

http://www.jrs-expre...05/services.htm

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info on the JRS Express ...... rates are a little higher but if you can ship everything together it will be worth it ..... couldn't find much on their shipping policy but a trip to Ayala can fix that ..... will check it out ... :tiphat:

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

I sent 3000 Pesos via LBC door to door delivery. The address was in Cotabatu going to a past house helper of ours. LBC did electronic remittance to Cotabatu city office and then hand delivery to address in the sticks. We never heard from the addressee again. LBC had some record of someone signing for it but it wasn't our gal.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I sent 3000 Pesos via LBC door to door delivery. The address was in Cotabatu going to a past house helper of ours. LBC did electronic remittance to Cotabatu city office and then hand delivery to address in the sticks. We never heard from the addressee again. LBC had some record of someone signing for it but it wasn't our gal.

could you be more indepth or explain, So that others can learn from this event/experience.

So that we can protect or be aware of.................?

• Like 1