Wife(Local-Native Born) Of American Kidnapped . Ransom Paid

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

MANILA, Philippines - The wife of an American businessman and her driver were kidnapped in Makati City on Tuesday and freed several hours later in Marikina City after payment of P6.1-million ransom and expensive imported watches.

Aiko Moore, 27, a student, and her driver, Benjalin Norido, 23, were dumped at a vacant lot in Barangay San Roque shortly after their captors got hold of the money.

Acting Makati police chief Superintendent Jaime Santos said Moore was on board a white Honda Civic (TKI-325) driven by Norido when a motorcycle hit them from behind at the corner of Pasong Tamo and Amorsolo streets at 8:30 a.m.

Santos said Norido alighted from the car to check the damage caused by the motorcycle. When he went back to the car, the armed suspects forced their way inside the car and blindfolded Moore.

The suspects then commandeered the car and sped off. The victims were brought somewhere in Green Meadows, Pasig City, police said.

Santos said the suspects later called up Moore’s husband, James Edward Moore, 31, and demanded a P15 million ransom.

The Makati police said the American is an executive of a call center company here.

The ransom demand was later lowered to P6 million.

Moore and her driver were released in Green Meadows Subdivision in Pasig City where the ransom was delivered along with two Rolex watches and a Breitling watch worth P3.2 million.

Police recovered Moore’s car at the Marikina River Bank, said Eastern Police District (EPD) director Chief Superintendent Miguel Laurel.

Laurel said they are now coordinating with the Southern Police District (SPD) for a joint manhunt operation against the suspects.

just curious, what is the background of the"wife/student"?

the family background? something just doesnt "smell" right?

http://www.philstar....rticleId=805392

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

MANILA, Philippines - The wife of an American businessman and her driver were kidnapped in Makati City on Tuesday and freed several hours later in Marikina City after payment of P6.1-million ransom and expensive imported watches.

Aiko Moore, 27, a student, and her driver, Benjalin Norido, 23, were dumped at a vacant lot in Barangay San Roque shortly after their captors got hold of the money.

Acting Makati police chief Superintendent Jaime Santos said Moore was on board a white Honda Civic (TKI-325) driven by Norido when a motorcycle hit them from behind at the corner of Pasong Tamo and Amorsolo streets at 8:30 a.m.

Santos said Norido alighted from the car to check the damage caused by the motorcycle. When he went back to the car, the armed suspects forced their way inside the car and blindfolded Moore.

The suspects then commandeered the car and sped off. The victims were brought somewhere in Green Meadows, Pasig City, police said.

Santos said the suspects later called up Moore’s husband, James Edward Moore, 31, and demanded a P15 million ransom.

The Makati police said the American is an executive of a call center company here.

The ransom demand was later lowered to P6 million.

Moore and her driver were released in Green Meadows Subdivision in Pasig City where the ransom was delivered along with two Rolex watches and a Breitling watch worth P3.2 million.

Police recovered Moore’s car at the Marikina River Bank, said Eastern Police District (EPD) director Chief Superintendent Miguel Laurel.

Laurel said they are now coordinating with the Southern Police District (SPD) for a joint manhunt operation against the suspects.

just curious, what is the background of the"wife/student"?

the family background? something just doesnt "smell" right?

http://www.philstar....rticleId=805392

Hmm whats is fishy, the wife appears to be Filipina married to an American and is a student? Family background probably consists of a mother and father and half a dozen siblings, 401 cousins 2321 distant cousins. whats fishy about that, maybe I should of read the news story in case I missed something. :)

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

An attack/kidnapping in metro manila of an wife of an american business man esp who is employed in the (BPO) call center is VERY RARE.

in most cases its usually a Chino or Rp business woman/ family member

unless your in the province where any one is FAIRGAME

also this was SOLVED or released in just a few hours.

thats what I MEANT,(fishy indeed),

why do i come to this conclusion?

in less that 6-8 hours the 'victim" was released

an wife of an american business man, ( this is a 1st to me in many years,in metro manila.urban area)

a crime of this nature is usually 18hours to days,if not longer.

althou I am not experienced in cases like this, Something just doesnt ADD UP.

again its my "gut" thats tells me that,

( my stomach ills are now being treated by my medications now) :89:

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

latest update on this story.

Appears to have been a abduction-robbery NOT a Kidnapping case

The Makati City police is hot on the heels of the kidnappers of an American businessman’s wife, who was released after her husband paid P6 million and watches as ransom, an official said yesterday.

Acting city police chief Superintendent Jaime Santos said investigators are going to show victim Aiko Moore, 27; and her husband James Edward Moore, 31, “photos of suspects who have been previously arrested.”

According to Santos, the suspects in their “rogues gallery” have allegedly employed the same style as the kidnappers of Aiko and her driver, Benjalin Norido, 23.

Santos described the incident not as a kidnapping but more of an abduction-robbery case.

“I find this case strange, as part of the ransom are three expensive watches.

This could be an abduction-robbery case rather than kidnapping he added.

Santos said Aiko and Norido were kidnapped after their vehicle was hit from behind by a motorcycle in Makati City.

They were released at Barangay San Roque in Marikina City after the ransom, which included two Rolex watches and a Breitling watch worth P3.2 million, was delivered.

Police later recovered Aiko’s car at the Marikina River Bank.

http://www.philstar....rticleId=805775

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What's so strange about it? Keeping in mind this happened in Philippines. :lol:

After all "Its More Fun In Philippines" :540:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

latest update on this story.

Appears to have been a abduction-robbery NOT a Kidnapping case

Santos described the incident not as a kidnapping but more of an abduction-robbery case.

“I find this case strange, as part of the ransom are three expensive watches.

This could be an abduction-robbery case rather than kidnapping he added.

Santos said Aiko and Norido were kidnapped after their vehicle was hit from behind by a motorcycle in Makati City.

They were released at Barangay San Roque in Marikina City after the ransom, which included two Rolex watches and a Breitling watch worth P3.2 million, was delivered.

http://www.philstar....rticleId=805775

Smell strongly to me of an Insurance Scam
  • Like 3

retired
Posted
Posted

So , if you are after money why would you ask for expensive watches rather than just up the ransom ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So , if you are after money why would you ask for expensive watches rather than just up the ransom ?

:thumbsup: exactly my point. Inside job.Insurance Scam.How would THEY Know you had expensive watches anyway, one maybe, two possibly BUT! 3 no way.This has to be an Insurance Fraud at it's very least
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Or could be the American did not have enough money to pay full amount so watches were used to top up the ransom.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Or could be the American did not have enough money to pay full amount so watches were used to top up the ransom.

:no: Nah sorry Don't buy that JGF, to me these people will take the readies and move on, bartering is not their game