March Is Fire Prevention Month

Mik
Posted
Posted

Metropolitan Cebu Water District shares tips to prevent fire Updated March 07, 2009 12:00 AM CEBU, Philippines - March has been declared as

Mik
Posted
Posted

Avoid using electrical appliances of poor quality, especially those with motors like electric fans. There are no fire hydrants in my neighborhood and probably not a fire hydrant in the entire barangay. In any case, have a garden hose that is long enough to reach inside your house.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

They have fire-hydrants here???????? ........ hummmmmmm ....... the ones near us must have been stolen and cut up for scrap ........ hahahahaha

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Avoid using electrical appliances of poor quality, especially those with motors like electric fans. There are no fire hydrants in my neighborhood and probably not a fire hydrant in the entire barangay. In any case, have a garden hose that is long enough to reach inside your house.
But don't spray burning electrical appliances with the hose unless the power is off. :)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Also do not spray water on grease or butter type fires because it will only make them spread.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If you don't have an ABC fire extinguisher ....... for a grease fire keep a can of sand in the house ..... pour the sand on the grease and it will put it out also heard that baking soda works as well but I haven't personally tried that out ..... sand I know will work ....... just don't cook your eggs in the pan with out cleaning it out ....... might taste gritty .....

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Well that certainly explains something. :)