Youtube And Your Favorite Cover Artist ???

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

I just found this guy online doing a drum cover of an old RUSH song and Canadian band from the 80's and this guy is awesome he has to be in his early 50's or so and to have that much energy to play like that is amazing i have a hard enough time just waking up in the morning and this guy is going right to town im impressed , in case you all didnt know they say rush drummer Neil Peart is rated one of the top drummers if not the best in the world and this song is one of the hardest to cover hit the like for this fellow !!!

http://youtu.be/oXmmnw8J6qY

O-U-C :thumbsup:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I met the boys in the band when John Rutsey was still the drummer, Alex's name was still legally Zinojinovich and Gary (Geddy) was about to quit the group to form his own band.... Also known as my high school days! John is no longer with us unfortunately though he always was one of my favourites as a person. LIttle known fact - Rush has also had 2 other members over the years and before they had released their first single. The band also started off being known as Rush, changed their name to (I believe this is the correct spelling) Hadian, Geddy Lee left the band to form Ogilvie (later renamed Judd), both bands eventually broke up, the 3 core members reformed again as Rush and released the first album, Rutsey left due to musical differences and issues with his diabetes, Neil Peart entered the scene and history was made.

Ok, so I ramble when I start talking about music....

:attention:

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

thats sooo cool bob thanks for letting me know all that info on rush i didnt even know any of that and its cool you got to meet them as they were just starting out !!

Awesome !!!!

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

That video about the amateur drummer and the Rush song led me to find the Rush documentary Beyond The Lighted Stage which I then watched on YouTube.

I still remember listening to the 2012 album the first time at a friends house in 1976. I later saw them live in Glens Falls, NY around 1982.

Later I found out how much Neil Peart's philosophical views impacted his song writing which spoke to my own views.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks OUC! Now to really make you jealous... Got to sit in at the beach with a couple of them once just playing cover tunes on acoustics. Ah, the old high school days!

And, yes, Neil Peart has been referred to many times as an absolute genius - though he will be the first to roll his eyes at you...

Little more trivia - Geddy Lee is one of the few musicians today seen almost daily throughout the spring and summer on television... He has season tickets for the Toronto Blue Jays and sits behind home plate and within the television shot.

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

This guy does a really good job with Dig by Incubus. Yeah, I know a little too new school for most here, :lol: but it's a good song.

OUC...you mentioned Arnel Pineda in your original post...I just saw him perform with Journey while I was at Sturgis....he sounds amazingly like Steve Perry. They put on a really good show.

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

hey Volstateguy thats why i made this post was to hear what everyone favorite cover singers are doesnt matter if it's old new modern rock rap country , what ever i love music and i love to see up and coming musicians putting them self out there takes allot of guts to do what there doing so if you have other favorites that you listen to post them up i would love to hear them and im sure the other members would too !! , i would love to see journey and arnel pineda there comming here in oct. i think but the tickets are a little prices for me but maybe i will try and go !!! i hope you all like this !!!!

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Thanks OUC! Now to really make you jealous... Got to sit in at the beach with a couple of them once just playing cover tunes on acoustics. Ah, the old high school days!

And, yes, Neil Peart has been referred to many times as an absolute genius - though he will be the first to roll his eyes at you...

Little more trivia - Geddy Lee is one of the few musicians today seen almost daily throughout the spring and summer on television... He has season tickets for the Toronto Blue Jays and sits behind home plate and within the television shot.

you did make me jealous lol dam you thats soo coll bob did you keep in contact with them over the years ???

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I wish I had... Ran into them once when I was in the Air Force but that was about it. I had given up on music as a career long before.