New Philippines Street Kids Charity

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

A friend sent me this and I think it says it all, I hope it all works out :tiphat:

A friend sent me this and I think it says it all, I hope it all works out :tiphat:

My group is the one in which the members perhaps feel alone with no one there for them. That is until a foreigner comes along and sets them up with foreign "sponsors " right? little blurp posts and pictures never say it all.

And YOU Group is ???? My little Blurp Post, is from the heart, not the Mouth or the hidden Identity of the Keyboard. I have a Gay Sister, I know what she went through as a Youngster Bruce is trying to reduce this and I tip my Hat to him :tiphat:

lets not get starting and have everyone feel the need to join into a "I know a gay person and they are wonderful" crap. I do also ok in the philippines and friends for decades back home. That is not the point of my post. it is about dividing kids for special treatment based on sexual characteristics, Your sis may have gone through alot where she grew up but even bruce makes it plain that is not the case in the Philippines. Here they are as accepted as any other person. So why single them out for special benefits denied others. Which is what the post is ABOUT.

I would tell gay people in usa that there is great poverty and a need to help all poor children here. If they aren't interested unless the person is gay then tell them to keep their damned money. Reward kids back home for the sexual characteristics they are interested in, if they want, not here.

Edited by jode

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Read my quote of his and see he admits that is what he will be doing. "he can't help all kids but he can help gay kids".You just can't understand the point . If u want a forum that is all back slapping and affirmation then let me know and i will exit it, and not waste my time trying for serious adult discussion . If that is too difficult for some to read.and tolerate.

Can you not see that this is just one part of charity, he is trying for the gay community dollar and that may help some of the poor gay kids in this case. Next week he might ask me to do I site aiming for the blind so I guess those who have had experience in the blind might feel compassionate to donate.

Maybe the week later he might ask me to look into the crippled kids of the Philippines so maybe those who live in the west who's great uncle has been wheelchair bound for years might think it a good idea to help a crippled Filipino kid.

Can you see where its at, his charity helps all, gay,normal, weird, broken it don't matter but in this case he is aiming for donations from the target market that would probably understand more about it than others.

• Like 3

jode
Posted
Posted

Good luck to you and your confused adolescents and their special sponsors. Who single them out for help because of their special sexual orientation and not because they are in any way more in need of help than other poor kids. You seem a little slow on the uptake, maybe because i didn't add a dozen amusing avatars to show i meant my piece it to be a farce. To show you the danger of singling out a group for special help based on sexual indicators and not special need.

My group has real special problems because of their condition unlike yours. But yours, appeals to the popular group of the moment kind of thing. The temptation to do that has a real bandwagon kind of appeal. Obama even gave up his chances for re-election to cater to them.

I just cant help feeling sorry for the just normal little poor kid who will be rejected for special help and wonder what is wrong with him, and wether he shouldn't start dressing as a girl maybe, so he could be popular and be rewarded also.

Your plan is very flawed for that reason although granted will maybe rack in the bucks. That is before the inevitable scandal is made public and your entire effort there in Samar is destroyed because of it. You need a better thought out plan and I have an idea i have participated in that may help.

OK Jode,

I believe you said your peace, which includes a little spice of sarcasm and growing contemptment for the OP.

Please, please just click on Bruce's website that JGF has designed for him. The pictures and video depict

stark realities of poverty and worse than that, the government's lack of concern: http://www.philippinebasicneeds.com/

Please tone down your remarks, OK?

i am sure i went through bruces site very completely probably before anyone else here. it has nothing to do with this discussion about his new idea. ok? Your moderator started the ugly tone not me.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
i am sure i went through bruces site very completely probably before anyone else here. it has nothing to do with this discussion about his new idea. ok? Your moderator started the ugly tone not me.

No I believe the ugly tone started about here,

I'm not a moderator I am the owner but I get your drift.

• Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

Read my quote of his and see he admits that is what he will be doing. "he can't help all kids but he can help gay kids".You just can't understand the point . If u want a forum that is all back slapping and affirmation then let me know and i will exit it, and not waste my time trying for serious adult discussion . If that is too difficult for some to read.and tolerate.

Can you not see that this is just one part of charity, he is trying for the gay community dollar and that may help some of the poor gay kids in this case. Next week he might ask me to do I site aiming for the blind so I guess those who have had experience in the blind might feel compassionate to donate.

Maybe the week later he might ask me to look into the crippled kids of the Philippines so maybe those who live in the west who's great uncle has been wheelchair bound for years might think it a good idea to help a crippled Filipino kid.

Can you see where its at, his charity helps all, gay,normal, weird, broken it don't matter but in this case he is aiming for donations from the target market that would probably understand more about it than others.

By all means help those who because of their condition have special problems. For the fourth time i will remind that bruce says gays are remarkably accepted in philippines and have no special problems because of their condition. Don't u get it? The only reason they will be getting special help is because of their sexual orientation and that is DANGEROUS to his efforts. Especially because they are not adults.

Of course help blind because blind have special difficulties. Of course help retarded like my daughter because of their incredible greater difficulties in life. and go on and on, if u want. That is simplistic and goes without saying

Does bruce say this group has special difficulties??? No none at all . Accepted, open, all through society, only reason to help them in special way is because they are gay. Its a lure to do that because he thinks he can get extra money because of that.

bruce maybe is more of a drive forward than think through kinda guy. That can be dangerous, especially if he blocks his ears to more think through people who would like to help. like others here do.

Edited by jode

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
By all means help those who because of their condition have special problems. For the fourth time i will remind that bruce says gays are remarkably accepted in philippines and have no special problems because of their condition. Don't u get it? The only reason they will be getting special help is because of their sexual orientation and that is DANGEROUS to his efforts. Especially because they are not adults. Of course help blind because blind have special difficulties. Of course help retarded like my daughter because of their incredible greater difficulties in life. and go on and on, if u want. That is simplistic and goes without saying Does bruce say this group has special difficulties??? No none at all . Accepted, open, all through society, only reason to help them in special way is because they are gay. Its a lure to do that because he thinks he can get extra money because of that. bruce maybe is more of a drive forward than think through kinda guy. That can be dangerous, especially if he blocks his ears to more think through people who would like to help. like others here do.

So where do you draw the line for special difficulties? For a start they are all from Samar, a very poor area, they need help like so many others and is it really about being gay, no but the ones who are more likely to donate to these kids are probably from the same way of thinking but in the end its to most of us its just another kid that might have a brighter future.

Would you not agree say that certain church groups only help those of the flock?

Let me ask you if you would not donate to these kids based on their sexual preferences?

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bill Gates his self does not have enough cash to help everyone. And I have 0.000000001% of his money. I have worked to make a positive impact on SOMEONE'S life, one at a time. I am not supporting most except for a few old women and single mothers who can't work and go hungry with out the free rice I give them.

My point here is that I have seen and planned and ACTED on the situation. I did something. That is my point. Currently I am trying to help an group or classification of people and if I can make it work, then the entire charity benefits.... If not, well at least I tried.

As for the gay kids here, yes accepted well, but they also have individual talents that will go to waste if not for some outside help. Sure other kids also may have talents, but I can only do what I can and I need to chase the $$$ to do more. So I am.

My father / grandfather were Shriners and my father was also a Optimist Club member... they did their charity work and I am following along doing my own charity work...

It is 'my thing' and as I can see it is not 'your thing' So be it. No hard feelings.....

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

No I believe the ugly tone started about here, http://www.philippin...ity/#entry70070

it was a farce jollygoodfellow WOW lol Looking at something from a differant angle in order to understand the implications of it. But thats ok, I understand maybe you are not a very literate fellow and perhaps are more of a hands on tech guy. Nothing wrong with that, I wish I was also.

I just have this thing where I like to think things through and look at it from all sides . I am glad i write mainly to keep that part of my brain active and not to win points here because i would be frustrated if i did.

But go ahead jollygoodfellow take the time to break down my post u disliked and explain to me why it is so much worse an idea than bruces is. Take your time and think it through. Write each word carefully perhaps so your meaning would be clear even to a beered up and skimming through expat. Unlike perhaps mine was.

Please make that effort so we can see the reasons explained in detail for your displeasure. And the great contrasts between the ideas discussed, his being so admirable and mine so despicable. If you are unwilling to make that effort then please don't dismiss those who are willing, but who which you can't understand.

Don't dismiss it with a pic or a quick saying, or a little sentance of dismisal, but instead please make a greater effort to show how my idea written in jest is so much worse than bruces written in all seriousness.

Edited by jode

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)
t is 'my thing' and as I can see it is not 'your thing' So be it. No hard feelings

A critisizm unsupported by any facts. To insinuate I dislike all charities because i think your idea for one is bad, is a hasty and illogical conclusion on your part. Perhaps just meant to denigrate one who disagrees with you.

But do what you may. Remember the best of intentions can lead to the greatest harm. I have my own ideas on helping the poor which i will explain in detail, with pics of it being put into practise, which i will post soon. When I have the time to do them justice. Mine does not base worthiness for help based on the sexual characteristics of children.

Edited by jode

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

No I believe the ugly tone started about here, http://www.philippin...ity/#entry70070

it was a farce jollygoodfellow WOW lol Looking at something from a differant angle in order to understand the implications of it. But thats ok, I understand maybe you are not a very literate fellow and perhaps are more of a hands on tech guy. Nothing wrong with that, I wish I was also.

I just have this thing where I like to think things through and look at it from all sides . I am glad i write mainly to keep that part of my brain active and not to win points here because i would be frustrated if i did.

But go ahead jollygoodfellow take the time to break down my post u disliked and explain to me why it is so much worse an idea than bruces is. Take your time and think it through. Write each word carefully perhaps so your meaning would be clear even to a beered up and skimming through expat.

Please make that effort so we can see the reasons explained in detail for your displeasure. And the great contrasts between the ideas discussed, his being so admirable and mine so despicable. If you are unwilling to make that effort then please don't dismiss those who are willing, but who which you can't understand.

Don't dismiss it with a pic or a quick saying, or a little sentance of dismisal, but instead please make a greater effort to show how my idea written in jest is so much worse than bruces written in all seriousness.

OK, I'm not very literate myself Jode. And I acknowledge your points of view. In this case, there are

counter-points as well. Please, let us continue to discuss this subject like mature adults with self check

sensitivity to others that may not be as astute as you are in their reading and writing style.

This is a final warning about attacking the poster (I understand maybe you are not a very literate fellow)

even if it was done in jest.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1