New Philippines Street Kids Charity

sam45
Posted
Posted

Heated discussion is good and expected. I think Jode should remain and everyone continue the dialogue, but with increased civility from everyone posting. The website and the subject matter is bound to be controversial and stir strong emotions.

Is there a way to inform both Evangelical Christians and Gays & Lesbians advocacy groups about the website? This is a serious request. Fanning the flames of controvery will be helpful in achieving the ultimate goal, which is helping street children and poor families in the Philippines who need help. I was also thinking of the local media in Samar, national media in the Philippines, and eventually global media like CNN. It is a step-by-step process. Those summer interns at CNN spend 10 to 12 hours a day looking for potentially interesting materials, which they pitch during weekly meetings with the various show producers.

Their main source is reading local media stories. I liked the one about a little boy whose unemployed father was diagnosed with cancer. So he put up a lemonade stand to raise money. A neighbor alerted the local newspaper. Politicians started showing up to donate a few dollars and pose for a picture with the boy (good PR move). Everyone knows what happens after CNN ran the story. I don't think it ran in CNN International because the lemonade stand idea is a bit more difficult to explain.

The sooner this topic or links to the website go viral, the sooner Bruce gets the funding to help Samar's poor children. By the way, Samar is considered one of the poorest provinces in the Philippines.

Heated discussion is good and expected. I think Jode should remain and everyone continue the dialogue, but with increased civility from everyone posting. The website and the subject matter is bound to be controversial and stir strong emotions.

Is there a way to inform both Evangelical Christians and Gays & Lesbians advocacy groups about the website? This is a serious request. Fanning the flames of controvery will be helpful in achieving the ultimate goal, which is helping street children and poor families in the Philippines who need help. I was also thinking of the local media in Samar, national media in the Philippines, and eventually global media like CNN. It is a step-by-step process. Those summer interns at CNN spend 10 to 12 hours a day looking for potentially interesting materials, which they pitch during weekly meetings with the various show producers.

Their main source is reading local media stories. I liked the one about a little boy whose unemployed father was diagnosed with cancer. So he put up a lemonade stand to raise money. A neighbor alerted the local newspaper. Politicians started showing up to donate a few dollars and pose for a picture with the boy (good PR move). Everyone knows what happens after CNN ran the story. I don't think it ran in CNN International because the lemonade stand idea is a bit more difficult to explain.

The sooner this topic or links to the website go viral, the sooner Bruce gets the funding to help Samar's poor children. By the way, Samar is considered one of the poorest provinces in the Philippines.

Hello JJR,

Fortunately, Jode was immediately BANNED due to his blatant disrespect of personally attacking JGF!

But your idea to continue discussing this noble cause is noteworthy.

Bruce -- I really admire your patience during these recent back and forth bickering. Knowing you, I'm

sure you wanted to go three rounds with the guy......he, he.

If Jode has been banned...way to go!!  He just had to have the last word.  Started hammering Bob, then JGF, and finally smacked all you ExPats for becoming women.  Was it you or the women he doesn't like.

Well, Bob (and JJR) I am a Evangelical who feels good about the contribution that I made to Bob's charity today and I said to use it where needed the most.  Clicked on your new web site and was really impressed.  You guys are good and very professional.  I have built a successful non-profit org. and also done fund raising of all kinds.  Just have to say it again... "greater love hath no man than this...".  Don't give up, Bob.

• Like 1

sam45
Posted
Posted

IMO Bruce is just pandering to the Gay community back in the west for money and I really don,t mind if that helps him raise money for the needy . Its just once the money is in his hands I hope he does not differentiate between two hungry kids because of there sexuality .

Yes of course, Bruce is pandering to the gay community for money, so what, that is exactly what fund raising is all about. "Yes sir, we do believe as you do, Yes sir we will spend the money as you wish"

Isn't this the point, if you can actually tap someone for cash becasue HE feels that he is supporting an extension of his own community or special interests, and he directs you to spend the money supporting X, its his frikkin money, if you turn around and spend it on something you feel is a better cause, you are scamming him and he has every right to cut you off. Bruce HAS to follow through on what he is offering.

And seriously, if Jode was actually going to follow through and statr a charity, or even gave a crap about anything he was talking aboujt, then fine. Its pretty clear all he was doing was asking for a fight and, well, he got one. Attack the post, not the poster, as soon as people started attacking his post, he went after the person not the argument...

Very well written BillTen

sam45
Posted
Posted

on a side note to this topic is the main reason i will not donate to charities is because of the 6 figure salaries the chief execs pay themselves google it and you will be amazed for yourselves how much money these guys are on. the way i donate is to buy the food myself and hand it direct to the kids that way you know every peso you donate is going to the kids direct.

I can assure you Bruce is a one man band and has always used his own funds to support charity, yes big organized Charity's waste lots of money but this is not the case here. Bruce pays for everything out of his own pocket and my contribution to charity was building, maintaining and hosting the sites for him. Every peso or donated item is directly going to those who need it. :thumbsup:

And you did a terrific job....I was really impressed.  Kudos to you too.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well, Bob (and JJR) I am a Evangelical who feels good about the contribution that I made to Bob's charity today and I said to use it where needed the most.  Clicked on your new web site and was really impressed.  You guys are good and very professional.  I have built a successful non-profit org. and also done fund raising of all kinds.  Just have to say it again... "greater love hath no man than this...". Don't give up, Bob.

Good evening Sam,

I'm sure you were talking about Bruce rather than our Bob (I am Bob).  We commend you for own efforts

of kindness for the unfortunate.  Well done, my friend!

On the other hand, please be careful about member I am Bob.  He is a good for nothin', two timing douche

bag.....he, he.  But I still lub him!

Respectfully -- Jake

sam45
Posted
Posted

I wanted to add, that is all my parents fault! I am not to blame here. What do you expect me to grow up as when I was subjected to parents who, never once in my memory ever said anything negative about gays...... And I had a gay cousin who died of AIDS back in the 1980's, and there was (1) openly gay kid who was about 5 years older than me in my neighborhood. While we were in different social groups due to age differences, I have no memories of anyone in my social group making fun of him or attacking him. We all knew each other and his being gay was not an issue for us... he was of no value to us actually because we were too busy trying to score with the girls..... LOL

Being named Bruce subjected me to cartoons in magazines about Bruce the florist or hair dresser and then when I became a nurse, THAT certainly did not help in my macho image.... hehehehehe

Back in the US I am classified as (yes! I have a label!) 'gay friendly' which I suppose means that I am a well rounded tolerant person of the gay lifestyles. While it is not for me, I am not going to get involved in any gay bashing or anti gay stances. To each his own. Years ago I would have said that gays are great, because it meant more women for me.... but now at past 50, I will let the younger generation chase the women. I will just sit back and wait for one to trip .... easier on my back that way.

Anyway I only meant to post a charity update here, not to open some debate on the gay issues..... Sorry for any flaming or debates problems.

Bruce, it wasn't you and every now and then we need to be reminded who it is that brings blessings to our lives.  Your love and desire to help the poor is speaking louder (to our hearts) than the nay sayers.  My contributions will continue at least for the coming year and beyound.  You and JGF have gained my respect because you both have earned it.........Sam

Thomas
Posted
Posted

>Bruce    I find it a good idea trying to get more support that way. If you haven't, marketing of the website can be done with more than keywords, e g by starting spreading the word to the gay you meet too.

By all means help those who because of their condition have special problems. For the fourth time i will remind that bruce says gays are remarkably accepted in philippines and have no special problems because of their condition. Don't u get it? The only reason they will be getting special help is because of their sexual orientation and that is DANGEROUS to his efforts. Especially because they are not adults. Of course help blind because blind have special difficulties. Of course help retarded like my daughter because of their incredible greater difficulties in life. and go on and on, if u want. That is simplistic and goes without saying Does bruce say this group has special difficulties??? No none at all . Accepted, open, all through society, only reason to help them in special way is because they are gay. Its a lure to do that because he thinks he can get extra money because of that. bruce maybe is more of a drive forward than think through kinda guy. That can be dangerous, especially if he blocks his ears to more think through people who would like to help. like others here do.

So where do you draw the line for special difficulties? For a start they are all from Samar, a very poor area, they need help like so many others and is it really about being gay, no but the ones who are more likely to donate to these kids are probably from the same way of thinking but in the end its to most of us its just another kid that might have a brighter future

Exactly!

:11_12_14[1]:

whilst i applaud what bruce is trying to do and have looked at his website ,I believe his time should be spent educating the parents of these poor kids about why are they having children they cannot afford to feed .all he is doing is peeing on a wild wire with no hope of turning things around .maybe he should start up a family planning clinic in a predominetly catholic country that would definately attract attention of the media .until the catholic church changes their possision on contraceptive issues millions of kids will remain poor and hungry with food prices set to soar due to recent weather paterns causing crop failure things are going to get worse .just my 2 cents.

on a side note to this topic is the main reason i will not donate to charities is because of the 6 figure salaries the chief execs pay themselves google it and you will be amazed for yourselves how much money these guys are on. the way i donate is to buy the food myself and hand it direct to the kids that way you know every peso you donate is going to the kids direct.

I agree with you about charities where bosses have high salaries.

(In some earlier topic I told about I "applied" to such a job as effectivity boss, and in my application I wrote one of my first actions would be the salaries of the bosses. I didn't got the job...  :hystery:

BUT there are exceptions as e g Bruce.

I noticed your adjusting, tiger, about big charities. There are such exceptions too. Hand-in-hand is a rather big charity. At least the starter and highest boss (=Percy Barnevik) work without salary and have even donated over 5 million USD of his OWN money.

I find it OK, even good, if people, who work MUCH with charity get pay - at "SURVIVING" level - to make it possible to work full time with the charity, so it isn't slowed down by needing to have other job to survive. (At least at leading level, making an effective organisations, so the organisation isn't slowed down by they don't have time enough.)

Jode wrote:

Teachers and others will think that a girl in that condition must not be very smart. We all have stereotypes of what we think smart people should look like, and big boobed isn't it. Instead quite differant thoughts come to mind about what they might be best suited for.

Well. Not allways. The last year in Elementary school, a girl with big boobs and BELOW average in cleverness, just wrote COPYING books, but got second best grades (after me) of some reason...  :mocking:

You know, Bruce.... If you were dead, you would be up for sainthood.... :tiphat:

Seriously, you truly are doing something special! :AddEmoticons04230:

Oh! I thought it was possible before the death too. Aren't the Sanct Thomases places in RP named after me?? :th_hu:   :)

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Bruce, it wasn't you and every now and then we need to be reminded who it is that brings blessings to our lives. Your love and desire to help the poor is speaking louder (to our hearts) than the nay sayers. My contributions will continue at least for the coming year and beyound. You and JGF have gained my respect because you both have earned it.........Sam

And I thank you! I think there is some rice coming soon to the retarded girl! Or perhaps baby food..... :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

Well, Bob (and JJR) I am a Evangelical who feels good about the contribution that I made to Bob's charity today and I said to use it where needed the most. Clicked on your new web site and was really impressed. You guys are good and very professional. I have built a successful non-profit org. and also done fund raising of all kinds. Just have to say it again... "greater love hath no man than this...". Don't give up, Bob.

Good evening Sam,

I'm sure you were talking about Bruce rather than our Bob (I am Bob). We commend you for own efforts

of kindness for the unfortunate. Well done, my friend!

On the other hand, please be careful about member I am Bob. He is a good for nothin', two timing douche

bag.....he, he. But I still lub him!

Respectfully -- Jake

Jake, if you are going to talk about me in public like this, please get it right!!! Three timing douche bag please!!!

• Like 1