Solar Cooker

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Try to fit a pig over this baby!Bread cookerSeems as though this would work well in the Philippines.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

just get rid of the balloon and make it of some solid material.

johnb
Posted
Posted
Try to fit a pig over this baby!Bread cookerSeems as though this would work well in the Philippines.
The solar cooker in the first link, I've used before [except for the paddling pool] my old company provided them for School dinning halls in both Kenya and Uganda , other than the more obvious problems with shady days the panels needed to be enormous to provide any heat source to the large pots of *ugali that needed to be produced daily. even in that picture you can see the size of the saucepan suspended above each panel is pretty small. the type we distributed were clip together on a metal frame. I predominantly worked with Vocational Schools, most of the schools had woodwork shops so the schools would only erect the solar cookers when doners were visiting, and use home made sawdust cookers the remaining time. sawdust cookers burn realy hot and are simply made from concrete.* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugali