Cost Of Moving Household

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I know this is supposed to be about moving stuff to the Phils but what about moving stuff with in the Phils ..... we are considering moving from Cebu City to somewhere in the middle of Negros Occidental ..... I know that shipping by cargo container is one way but we are not to crazy about that route ..... does anyone know is there moving companies that will move you by large covered truck ..... of course we could sell everything for pennies on the dollar but almost all of our stuff is less than 2 years old (we've been replacing as we go along) so I'm definitely not interested in selling my stuff ..... I also know that the truck will have to go by RoRo between the 2 islands but that shouldn't be a problem .....

As anyone ever transferred their belongings from island to island ..... another route is to buy a small aluminum box van and move it ourselves .... and then sell or trade it once we get moved for a small van or car (we will have to have something after we move for transportation) .....

There is no great rush as we won't begin to seriously look for a place until next year but I don't like to wait until the last minute to do anything and besides it will help us better prepare for the expense's ...... the route we would take is more than likely from Cebu to Toledo to San Carlos and then onward ..... does the route from Cebu City to Toledo go through any mountainous area's .....

Any help would be appreciated .....

billten
Posted
Posted

Guy i know took a bunch of Balikbayan boxes with him on the ferry, there was a small charge but it was not problem. Can't take furnuture and such but it's one way to go...

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted
http://ph.88db.com/Home-Services/Moving-and-Relocating/ad-1352243/ you can call these guys and see how far they deliver to or ask them who will help you
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Mike, I can't find it now but there was a thread where somebody quoted some reasonable costs for moving intra-Phils. Maybe they will respond again. I am also interested because I doubt that the first place I live will be permanent and I am debating what to send right away or what to hold for later. I have a friend who can store BB boxes here in the US for me until I am ready to ship them to a more permanent address, if I decide to go that route.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
As anyone ever transferred their belongings from island to island

I called a local lipat bahay truck who loaded everything, took the truck on the ferry, unloaded everything at the other end. All in 25K pesos. That was over a year ago now and you have to watch them. It rained and they did not have everything covered well so they blamed it on an overhanging wire that 'snagged the tarp' and pulled it back then they blamed me for planning a route (you need to tell them the route you want them to go) with low wires (It was the national highway or similar all the way)

Anyway, it can be done but the price will be different for each island. Friends have done the same to Dumaguete island from Cebu for under 15K.

• Like 1