Boomers Face Stark Choices In Bleak Economy

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is it all gloom and doom? Not to rub it in anyones face, but I am sure glad I am already retired and have a pension, but what about others with retirement plans based totally on the stock market, does anyone think there is even the slightest chance the market will recover within a few years and return investments to where they once where? When do you think things will get back to where they were before all this happened? Boomers face stark choices in bleak economyProlonged economic collapse leaves little time to reinvent, recover, rebuildhttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29535417/I am also wondering how all this will affect the Philippines? Will it bring more retirees who will have to live on just social security or whatever other countries offer their citizens or will people have to put off their futures totally?

Edited by Mr. Lee

Markham
Posted
Posted
Is it all gloom and doom? Not to rub it in anyones face, but I am sure glad I am already retired and have a pension, but what about others with retirement plans based totally on the stock market, does anyone think there is even the slightest chance the market will recover within a few years and return investments to where they once where? When do you think things will get back to where they were before all this happened? Boomers face stark choices in bleak economyProlonged economic collapse leaves little time to reinvent, recover, rebuildhttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29535417/I am also wondering how all this will affect the Philippines? Will it bring more retirees who will have to live on just social security or whatever other countries offer their citizens or will people have to put off their futures totally?
Small point of order, Lee. You seem to assume that your civil service pension is not immune to what happens on the stock market. All pension funds will be affected to a very large extent, yours included!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Small point of order, Lee. You seem to assume that your civil service pension is not immune to what happens on the stock market. All pension funds will be affected to a very large extent, yours included!
Mark, what part of based totally did you not understand? Sometimes I think Americans and some from other countries speak a totally different language and that I guess I would have to spell everything out totally for those others that do not seem to understand the obvious? All pensions are somehow based on the stock market and mine can go down in flames just like everyone else's, but they are usually required to invest diversely and from what I have seen, that is exactly what they have done so far. Now, cannot the whole system crash, you bet ya, and that is why I have invested in other vehicles of income because I saw this coming years ago.Oh BTW, am I even close to being immune, nope but I am planning on eating ar your house since I am sure you planned ahead. :7_4_17[1]: :lol: Edited by Mr. Lee

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Mine's from the government so if they don't pay there will be a lot bigger problems to worry about.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Here..Here :7_4_17[1]: