Korean Airlines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Korean AirlinesI just had two friends arrive in the last 10 days on KAL, one had no luggage, so no problem and the second also had no luggage but not by choice. .........His luggage did finally arrive, but not until 3 days later and KAL only reimbursed him p2400 which IMO is awfully cheap for a couple of days without clothing or supplies........ I guess the good part is that his stuff did finally arrive, but the bad part is the shoes he had to buy to walk around cost him twice that much alone and then he needed underwear, socks, undershirts, toiletries and some clothing to wear.......... While this is the Philippines and some things can be quite reasonable to buy, it still cost him more then 4 times that amount just to not have to stay home in his underwear and wait for the suitcase to arrive.Also worth mentioning is that KAL arrives in Cebu at 1:45 AM and if you are going to stay at a hotel, it will cost you for the whole day and you will only get to use maybe 8 hours of it by the time you arrive at your hotel and then the day you leave will also be wasted if your are in a hotel because they will also charge for the whole day and you should be on your way to the airport by maybe 10:30 PM to depart at around the same time as your arrival. Now while none of those is a deal breaker if you are here for a long stay, if your visit is going to be a short one, why waste 2 days and hotel costs when you can just fly PAL and arrive in the morning and leave Cebu in the late afternoon and get what you pay for at your hotel. BTW, both friends upon leaving said they feel as I do and will not be flying KAL again to Cebu and especially when the price is close when you add up the other related costs and inconveniences.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

What .... you did loan him your underwear????????????? god ...... what a friend you are ......

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Lee, I know for a fact that KAL aircraft use counterfeit parts and have a long history of doing so. Their flight safety history is average no worse than some other major players. The late arrival and extra time is not big deal for me in fact I like the idea of a sleepover in Korea. I

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
What .... you did loan him your underwear????????????? god ...... what a friend you are ......
No Mike but I did give him a couple of shirts to wear and keep because I did not want to see him cry. SugarwareZ-005.gif As you know, he was quite upset and not a frequent flyer like some of us who have been there and done that....and poor Nila would have had to mop the floor 5 times a day had I not. :lol: BTW, I had warned him to bring extra clothes in his carry on and he did not listen to me. :7_4_17[1]:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hahahahahaha .... none of us do ........ :7_4_17[1]:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hahahahahaha .... none of us do ........ :7_4_17[1]:
I think the Koreans in my building usually listen to me, well at least they smile and make believe they do. SugarwareZ-004.gif

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I've flown KAL several times. Being staying in Korea twice thats who the AF flew me over on. They never lost my luggage, however once on a flight to states when I was going home on leave they over-booked my flight so I got bumped. So instead of flying from Seoul to San Fran to Pheonix my re-route was Seoul to Tokyo to Chicago to Phoenix. Needless to say I wasn't very happy. Looks like the cheapest flight I can find from Frankfurt to Cebu from here in with Qatar Airways and it comes straight into Cebu...not thru Manila...I want to avoid that route again if I can. So it looks like I will be trying out Qatar Airways when i come there in Sept.

Markham
Posted
Posted
I've flown KAL several times. Being staying in Korea twice thats who the AF flew me over on. They never lost my luggage, however once on a flight to states when I was going home on leave they over-booked my flight so I got bumped. So instead of flying from Seoul to San Fran to Pheonix my re-route was Seoul to Tokyo to Chicago to Phoenix. Needless to say I wasn't very happy. Looks like the cheapest flight I can find from Frankfurt to Cebu from here in with Qatar Airways and it comes straight into Cebu...not thru Manila...I want to avoid that route again if I can. So it looks like I will be trying out Qatar Airways when i come there in Sept.
I've flown Qatar London-Doha-Cebu and it's quite a nice flight. The food is OK, the onboard entertainment is fine but the seats are a little on the firm side. On the downside is the interrupted sleep as you transit Doha in the middle of the night, in both directions.I too hate flying via Manila but for me, it's the fastest and most convenient route between my home in Wales and Cebu. KLM invariably have the latest generation of Boeing 777s on the route - which I think is a nicer, quieter plane - and it's only 11 hours from Amsterdam to Manila. The flight arrives in Manila at a quiet time of day in the International Terminal (just after 8am) which means I can comfortably connect with the 12.30 departure to Cebu which is generally on a 747.There has been talk, for about a year now, that KLM is to start a daily Amsterdam-Cebu service.

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
I've flown Qatar London-Doha-Cebu and it's quite a nice flight. The food is OK, the onboard entertainment is fine but the seats are a little on the firm side. On the downside is the interrupted sleep as you transit Doha in the middle of the night, in both directions.I too hate flying via Manila but for me, it's the fastest and most convenient route between my home in Wales and Cebu. KLM invariably have the latest generation of Boeing 777s on the route - which I think is a nicer, quieter plane - and it's only 11 hours from Amsterdam to Manila. The flight arrives in Manila at a quiet time of day in the International Terminal (just after 8am) which means I can comfortably connect with the 12.30 departure to Cebu which is generally on a 747.There has been talk, for about a year now, that KLM is to start a daily Amsterdam-Cebu service.
Ya I did the KLM flight when I came there in Jan. You're right it wasn't a bad flight. The only really bad thing I can say about it was on my return flight, the on board entertainment system was out on the section of the plane I was sitting. That makes for one long, boring flight with no movies. Other than that, it was an OK flight. If they route a flight in straight thru to Cebu that would be great. Just checking prices lately the Qatar flight seems to be the cheapest so I thought I'd give it a try in Sept.