Any Amateur Musicians?

Will
Posted
Posted

Hopefully, we will be in PI soon... near Cebu. I play the guitar (sorta) and sing (kinda) and was just wondering if there are any expats near that location that would be of like mind? Maybe we could get together and have a few beers and play a few old Beatles songs or something like that. Professionals need not apply.... you would be VERY disappointed after hearing me!

Who knows, if we get good enough at a couple of songs... maybe we can play JGF's bar!!! Maybe we can help him make a little more money by having him sell earplugs at the door! :)

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hopefully, we will be in PI soon... near Cebu. I play the guitar (sorta) and sing (kinda) and was just wondering if there are any expats near that location that would be of like mind? Maybe we could get together and have a few beers and play a few old Beatles songs or something like that. Professionals need not apply.... you would be VERY disappointed after hearing me!

Who knows, if we get good enough at a couple of songs... maybe we can play JGF's bar!!! Maybe we can help him make a little more money by having him sell earplugs at the door! :)

Yeah, I'm old school like you Tex. Learned to play acoustic guitar (nylon strings) during the mid 60's.

The only song I really mastered was And I Love Her. You have to force me at gun point to hear me

sing out of tune. Hell, I can probably vocalized much better between my cheeks.....he, he. This is still

one of my favorite melodies:

[media=]

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm .... and here I thought you played the organ ... Jake ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I can still remember singing in front of people for the first time in Grade 3... by Grade 4 I had a band but nobody would let me sing anymore... hehe! Imagine a squeeky voice doing a Doors copy! That may be why Jimmie died at such a young age maybe? But since then I had kept up the music on the side until about 10 years ago. I'd love to get back into it again some day and who knows? If I can't sing any more, then I imagine it wouldn't take me too long to get the bass going again. Add a few keyboard riffs and voila! Extra extra earplug sales for JGF!

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OMG ....... what I wouldn't give to hear this band ...... D T playing the Texas 2 step ..... Bob doing a squeaky voiced rendition of the Doors ..... and Jake over there in the corner planing his organ ..... OMG ...... American Idol look out here they come (ooooops ...sorry for that Jake .... to soon for you .... :mocking: ) ...... now we just have to come (there's that word again Jake) up with a name for this group ..... hey maybe we could have a contest and the winner gets to tune Jake's organ ...... sorry folks "the devil made me do it" ....... anyway "rock on" my brothers ..... "rock on" ........ :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

Will
Posted
Posted

That makes me think of a joke I heard....

A naked man was running up and down the streets of a neighborhood. Soon, the police were called to come and capture him. Upon hearing the sirens and the police approaching, the naked man ran into an unlocked church to hide. The police went in and began looking for the naked man. After a brief chase throughout the church, the police caught the naked man by the organ.

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Their is a group of ex pats that play together on the beach in pooc Talisay called The Texas Hurricanes.

• Like 2