Considering Buying A Motorcycle

lmetrucking
Posted
Posted

The TMX is a good reliable machine. I bought a new Barako 175 in 2004 and rode the wheels off of it until 2010 when I got a Sportster.Over 80K Klicks on her, now it is on a trike and still going. The "for registration" tags will do fine anywhere until you get a plate from LTO. Carry a copy or your OR/ CR, not the originals. The thing that will kill any bike in PI is the gas. Ethanol is bad for carbs and lasts about a month if the bike sits, so if you are going to ride everyday you have to do just regular maintenance, if the bike will sit,use a good additive or drain the tank. I let my Harley sit with Lucas in it for 10 months of the year cause I let a mate of mine use her on occasion and it has worked out fine. I will be draining the tank however on future trips cause my friend has now bought a bike of his own. The local bikes by Honda, Yam. Kawasaki, ect... are all decent machines at their pricepoint that can be worked on by anyone anywhere so buy what you like if you are buying from locally assembled Japanese manufacturers. I would not recommend Chinese machines, but I have no experience with them either...

dalidali
Posted
Posted (edited)

Regarding the LTO registration........

I just bought a new Honda XRM125 @63,100p on July 22nd and I had to pay 319p to the LTO for ONE weeks worth of a "conduction" permit.

The dealer, Powercycle in Mandaue, got me 6 weeks worth of conduction permits at one time. 6 weeks x 319p a week.

I am still waiting for a permanent permit after being on the 5th week temp permit and am not sure if that means a licence plate or not.

The dealer told me that due to the flooding in Manila, where many people could not get to work, all the permanent permits have been delayed.

I am mind boggled why a person has to pay the LTO for weekly permits. They actually issued me SIX separate permits and SIX separate receipts.

Wouldn't it be much easier, less resources used, less labor time, less paperwork and less everything, if it were possible for the LTO to just issue a temporary permit for one single price that would be valid until such time as the permanent plate was obtained?

Say 90 days from the time of purchase.....

Yes is the resounding answer.....

Edited by dalidali
  • Like 1

lmetrucking
Posted
Posted

I just bought a new Honda XRM125 @63,100p on July 22nd and I had to pay 319p to the LTO for ONE weeks worth of a "conduction" permit.

The dealer, Powercycle in Mandaue, got me 6 weeks worth of conduction permits at one time. 6 weeks x 319p a week.

I am still waiting for a permanent permit after being on the 5th week temp permit and am not sure if that means a licence plate or not.

The dealer told me that due to the flooding in Manila, where many people could not get to work, all the permanent permits have been delayed.

I am mind boggled why a person has to pay the LTO for weekly permits. They actually issued me SIX separate permits and SIX separate receipts.

Wouldn't it be much easier, less resources used, less labor time, less paperwork and less everything, if it were possible for the LTO to just issue a temporary permit for one single price that would be valid until such time as the permanent plate was obtained?

I rode a Royal Enfield from Hardcore Bro's shop this year... noticed it was a 30 day temp. Rego. Maybe only dealers can get the 30 day deal...?? I gues that the plate issue backlog is also due to to the re- working of the plates.

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted (edited)
gues that the plate issue backlog is also due to to the re- working of the plates.

I was thinking of getting a 125-250 cc Kawasaki, but seeing as it will be a long time to get plates, I think I will stick to my bicycle at least with it I don't need registration

Edited by Daydreamer

jon1
Posted
Posted

I rode a Royal Enfield from Hardcore Bro's shop this year... noticed it was a 30 day temp. Rego. Maybe only dealers can get the 30 day deal...?? I gues that the plate issue backlog is also due to to the re- working of the plates.

I believe that you are correct on the reworking of the plates. They have not been issuing motorcycle plates for almost a year and the same for brand new vehicles. You will see lots of people driving brand new vehicles with homemade plates that match their conduction sticker for the traffic coding in Manila. It's really becoming a PITA for most people.