Which Is Now The Most Popular Disco In Manila? And Where Is It? (How To Get There)

PhilArmen
Posted
Posted

In terms of ''attendence'', sound system, dance floor and dance enthusiasm. Also, as I am a nonsmoker, how is the smoking situation inside? (say on a scale of 1 to 6, ''1'' being ''not a problem at all'' and, of course ''6'' being ''if you not a smoker you're in trouble inside there''). Thanks in advance for any input.

Jake
Posted
Posted

In terms of ''attendence'', sound system, dance floor and dance enthusiasm. Also, as I am a nonsmoker, how is the smoking situation inside? (say on a scale of 1 to 6, ''1'' being ''not a problem at all'' and, of course ''6'' being ''if you not a smoker you're in trouble inside there''). Thanks in advance for any input.

One of my favorite nightclubs in Makati is TGIF. I believe it does have a non smoking area

but I didn't see a large dance floor, although the sound system was very high tech. Check

out this link: http://www.virtualto...ati-TG-C-1.html

Makati City is the financial district of Manila. Very modern, somewhat cleaner and plenty of

shopping malls and 5 star hotels.

Welcome aboard sir -- Jake

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

my wife knows allot of them since her work is in makati and she usually goes out with the girls friday night !! but not since a few months i will ask her for you ok ! and see if i have any pics lying around from a few of them that she went too, to give you an idea ! as for smoking im a smoker but i have no problems going outside as long as i can get back in as easy hahaha anyway back to your topic i will look into it for you ok !!!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i just checked for pics but wala nothing of any use , but if i do recall theres a night clubs called REPUBLIC , or REPUBLICA something like that i head was popular also dont limit yourself to makati coz theres also malate and Metrowalk that has music and night clubs blasting all night !! our friend lives right across from metro walk in a high rise apartment and we sit on her patio and the music is blasting until the early morning !!! , i will keep digging for you ok give me a few days hahaha

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 1

PhilArmen
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your replies, I will in due time make my way to the places mentioned and will find out. I am actually searching for massive disco (with hundreds of people and a huge dance floor) but, probably, they do not exist in Manila.

In a related question, which is the prime area for nightlife in manila? I only know the Malate/Ermita area and Makati (and only to a small extend).

• 4 weeks later...
jojones
Posted
Posted

I think the massive nightclubs thing happens with special events by promoters like Big Fish (do a Google search for "Big Fish Manila"). I think they play trance music, not my cup of tea so I haven't been.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

when you do go to ANY CLUB or DISCO,(as your life may depend on it)

Make sure that you CLEARLY KNOW YOUR WAY OUT in case of an EMERGENCY

be familiar with your NEW surroundings.

the link below may be helpful

http://en.wikipedia....Disco_Club_fire

yes I do have an agenda, If i can make 1 person aware of possible dangers that have existed before and may occur again ,I have succeed in my "agenda"

my comment should not be considered "negative",just a warning, in our home countries that DO value safety,

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

luke
Posted
Posted (edited)

TGIF (do you mean Friday's??) is mainly a resto with a bar for old school like me. Most Pinoys/pinays like to sit on a table with their "Barkada". It is the "SEEN and BE seen" mentality (I guess no different form the west). There are some bars/disco in Makati (Legaspi village etc) but kinda high end and small. The Hard Rock Cafe is still around in Glorietta (next to Friday's) "The Fort" may still have a few venues like "Embassy" used to be popular a year ago. But lots of these establishment come and go within a short period.

Makati has an anti-smoking law that allows smoking only is designated, separated, areas. The enforcement however is another question.

If you are new to the PH, be careful in Malate/Ermita. Lots of con artists including good looking babes (some with a low voice). Not to mention the "underage girl" traps and other setups..

have fun! :cheersty:

Edited by luke
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah, yes! The good old "Meat Market"... I knew those days for me were done when everybody started to refer to it as a "Church Social" instead...

:mocking:

• Like 2

Duma
Posted
Posted

When we are in Manila we always go to the Cowboy Grill in Ermita to watch live bands.......and some are very good I must say.....The place has a big stage. There is two levels

The upper level is the best for viewing the bands and the lower level has the dance floor.......They serve meals and have the San Miguel little beer barrels as well...On a busy night the place probably holds about 300 to 400 people I guess....I'm not good at guessing the numbers of crowds.....The toilets are clean and maintained thru out the night.....It opens at 6.00pm and kids under the age of 18 must be out of the place by 8.00pm.

Its a great night out......Usually Friday and Saturday are packed if its one of Manila's big bands playing.....They hold lots of rock concerts competions there.

In the old days I think it was called Shakeys.

Koala

• Like 1