Noisy Filipinos, Why Is It………..

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Some (not all!) Filipinos love anything LOUD. Muffler resonators, ear bleeding volume for music or even payer services, and at all hours day or night.

For the most part Filipinos are kind and thoughtful but when it comes to noise there seems to be a disconnect many of them have no concern or are unaware how they affect others. Why is this?

images-products-11-Spinal-Tap-Shirt.jpg

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I agree Old55 ..... I have also noticed that some Filipinos from the different islands also speak louder and with harsher tones ..... Cebuanos are some of the loudest talking and laughing with the harshest tones of the different dialects I have heard and my asawa says the same thing ....... Ilonggos are some of the softest spoken and have a kinda song like language .... we just got a bunch of students (9 of them) from Negros and it is a pleasure to hear them speak .... IMHO ...... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

....... Ilonggos are some of the softest spoken and have a kinda song like language .... we just got a bunch of students (9 of them) from Negros and it is a pleasure to hear them speak .... IMHO ...... :thumbsup:

One good thing from Negros Occidental then. Orientals are so very noisy and harsh and talk about Volume, Some nights I feel like going round to our neighbours and asking if they would like come to OUR house to listen to THEIR TV, while I write this reply, My sister in law is calling one of the Puppies. it can only be 3 meters away from her. you would think it is halfway to the city.. I have also found that when they overtalk each other, their voices get louder, sort of he who talks loudest gets heard. :lol:

:tiphat:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jack, that cracks me up, but I feel your pain my friend.

A cousin and family lives in a Nipa hut near my family's home every morning about 8 am the radio gets fired up so loud the whole barrio can "share".

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Whoever is the loudest is the rightest.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Orientals are so very noisy and harsh and talk about Volume,

I think that is because they speak Cebuano dialect and not Ilonggo ..... thank you sir you helped prove my point ..... my asawa is IIonggo but she speaks Tagalog mostly but she also can speak IIlonggo but she has been away from her home for some 25 years ......

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

but she has been away from her home for some 25 years ......

:hystery: ha ha so have I Mike, maybe I should take an English refresher course.You know there are so many everyday words i have not used for so many years, there are days, when my 13 year old daughter corrects me.( She is Filipino) her English is brilliant. :thumbsup: she speaks visayan and Cebuano but not Tagalog.( and can be as loud as her Mother :unsure: ) Today they tend to teach Filipino and not Tagalog??

Sorry i digress

:tiphat:

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Oh yes!!! A topic i never figured out not even a bit, in 9 years here.

Ok, karaoke...ok parties, ok drunks. But why the heck everyone needs a microphone and speakers even to speak to 5 people two meters away...this i never figured out!!!

My wife gave me the simple explanation "makes it look official" and that is all i can get by with...But i never stop laughing at it :)

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

GREAT TOPIC, thanks

why do these people do this?(loud music,noise etc etc etc......)

could it be??

1. Lack of respect to others and themselves

2. Lack of discipline

3. Society is partly to blame.

4, Ignorance

I would continue more .....BUT .... i will refrain myself by posting any "rants" on this,

But What i can say, (read between the lines)..

the japanese did instill better discipline when they occupied the RP during 41-45, they did have a GOOD WAY to control.instill civilized behavior among the masses, if only that "behavior technique" could be used in this time period..

Or how Singapore is able to have "discipline". Just a few whips of that OLE Cane, problem solved.

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 2